iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cummins 6.7 gas

Started by Bruno of NH, May 07, 2022, 06:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Cummins is in the stage of building and testing a gas 6.7 engine for the HD Ram trucks 
Could be available in 2 to 3 years 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

barbender

I saw that too, I wonder what the specs and price for the option will be. Maybe as big block gas engines start coming back because of what the emission standards have done to diesels, some of the old engines from when heavy trucks were still gas will reappear😂 How about one of the old GMC Torq-flo (I think that's what they were called) V6's, they had one that was well over 500 cubic inches iirc. Stuff one of those in a new 3500HD😁
Too many irons in the fire

azmtnman

My dad worked for Cummins in their Tech Center the entire time I was growing up and until he retired in about '98. They have always been a leader in innovation, but I don't think I'll be standing in line to buy their first modern gasoline engine. The spark plug will probably have to be 1"-8 threads! :D :D :D
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

arojay

Promoting a diesel hybrid might be a smarter plan.
440B skidder, JD350 dozer, Husqvarnas from 335 to 394. All spruced up

Riwaka

The vehicle manufacturers' accountants/ financial analysts are probably against the diesel 'full hybrids'. A modern compliant Diesel has an expensive injection & exhaust emissions system and 'full hybrid' is an expensive electrical system. A diesel 'mild hybrid' could be a possibility.

Cummins intends to develop the B6.7 diesel engine into the following single fuel type engine.
1.even Cleaner Diesel (my guess is that would be the latest injection system with even higher rail pressures and state of the art injection nozzles, emissions tech etc), 2. Gasoline - I wonder if this will be with twin spark plugs and gasoline mild turbocharging, 3. natural gas (methane & ethane), 4. hydrogen and 5. propane(elsewhere lpg, autogas is propane plus butane) and they probably should develop number 6 for E100.

Long term winner might be the hydrogen combustion engine, if they get it right and have gas hydrogen and liquid hydrogen versions.

snowstorm

cummins along with westport have been building natural gas engines for many years

moodnacreek

Kubota did a gas from a diesel before efi.

Thank You Sponsors!