iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody Else See it?

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 03, 2023, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

You can bet that there are meetings with brainstorming sessions on how to bring it down without destroying it or anything else, shooting it down would be easy.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Nebraska

I swear I had similar pics from a couple years ago. Similar to Bill's.  Great way to survey an enemy's critical infrastructure.   I can't find them on my phone. Same sort of little white circle in the sky. 

JD Guy

Quote from: Jeff on February 03, 2023, 06:20:16 PM
I don't understand why it's still up there. They afraid of dispersing something if they shoot it down?
That was my first thought too, Jeff. Maybe release another bacteria or other dangerous substance into the environment?

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: 21incher on February 03, 2023, 11:21:55 PM
I am really worried about who is controlling America if we don't take it down. 
I'm worried about who is REALLY driving this bus even if we do take it down. 
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Southside

Back in the early days of spy satellites ours would eject a film canister from orbit that had a parachute which would open at a pre determined altitude, then an airplane would fly by and hook the thing out of the sky to process the film.

We absolutely have the technology to capture and safely contain this unit. The question is why we are not doing so. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

JD Guy

Walnut Beast

Just remember when you buy stuff from China your helping finance their war machine!

sawguy21

Better keep your bathroom doors closed and illegal stills hidden :D. I have to wonder why they would use a technologically primitive balloon for spying instead of existing satellites unless they are recording weather data. Unless they can be shown to be  a direct threat, destroying them would only escalate tensions with China which we don't need. Maybe they are just poking the bear. 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Southside

The lack of response opens the door for the next time, and maybe that one isn't "just a balloon". Do you really think if we flew an un-manned, "weather drone" over China's military installations it would be allowed to just go about?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Hilltop366

Spy games.

US: ya were not that concerned, we already know what it is.

China: All right, which one of you guys leaked info about our balloons.

Resonator

If anything was written on it, it would say: "Saum Teng Wong".  :o
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Jeff on February 04, 2023, 09:16:42 AM
And I can't believe we can't devise a way to go get it. We have drones that can fly that high.
Shouldn't be too hard, I saw a video on Facebook of a drone using one of its propellers to cut down a hornets nest under the eave of a house.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

terrifictimbersllc

Won't the balloon be transmitting its images? Isn't its damage already done?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

gspren

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 04, 2023, 02:17:07 PM
Won't the balloon be transmitting its images? Isn't its damage already done?
I've been retired from the Army Research Lab for over 11 years now and even then it was assumed that everything was being filmed by satellite so things were covered/disguised when outside. Things like extra activity had to be considered at some places but I'm thinking it will be retrieved when the time and place is favorable. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Tom King

They're zeroing in on the conspiracy theorists to know where to spend their money before the next election.

Roxie

The Babylon Bee just reported that the balloon reached the Atlantic and was shot down because it was getting too close to Ukraine. 
Say when

barbender

The Babylon Bee knows how to make satire out of some if these ridiculous events, unfortunately what they put out as satire often comes true!
Too many irons in the fire

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

firefighter ontheside

Well, I hope at the least they can recover enough of it to confirm what it was doing.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

terrifictimbersllc

I think it was headed for Harbor Freight. With a side order of H-bridges.

Magicman

That was definitely a case of Chinese take out and as usual it took too long.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

Don P

Can we not just send the entire Macy's parade back?

thecfarm

Good thing it was not something bad. Or is it?  ???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

btulloh

HM126

Thank You Sponsors!