iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lawn mower parts

Started by woodmills1, September 08, 2003, 05:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

My neighbor two doors down has a guy who does all kind of jobs for him around his house and yard.  I have been doing some tractor work for him and yesterday he gave me a riding lawn mower.  It looks to be in good shape but apparently someone took off every pat that sits where the shifters are.  I mean the metal and any switches that would be right in front of me when riding on it, along with all of the shifter knobs.  I think there must have been some kind of switch or lock out because the cables from the battery  and starter are just kinda hanging out with out being connected together.

So it is an  MTD LT 12.5-38  anyone have a parts machine or any info or help?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

shopteacher

MTD is in Ohio and builds a varaity of mowers. Bolens, cub cadet, troy built, husky, montgomery ward to name a few.  I imagine they have a web site and you might be able to get or download a spec sheet for the machine.  I have a wards mower that I could take a picture of if you think it would help and a operators manual. Don't know the model off hand but can check on that for you too.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

woodmills1

I found the web site for MTD, they offer operators manuels for newer models on line and older by mail.  Found out this is a 1994.

Beginning to find out that what probably went bad was the solenoid, a $20 part, but if they hadn't lost the sheet metal cover and shifter knobs, etc. it would be an easy fix.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!