iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Testing something on the forum index

Started by Jeff, September 14, 2014, 10:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pine

I was thinking for a bit that nothing had changed or that you had changed it back again to the classic.

Finally noticed the difference.  I would say that either way works.  I think that the new format is slightly more user friendly as one does not have to scroll as far down the page to find the other links/sub-forums and I like that for overall ease.

I would say I prefer the new format over the old format but either works pretty much the same.

DR Buck

Quote from: DanG on September 14, 2014, 11:41:21 PM
My first impression is that I don't like it.  It is incompatible with my way of browsing the forum.  Now, if you could put the new index on here and still keep the entire forum on the index page, it would be an enhancement. ;)

I agree with Dan.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

red oaks lumber

like everything in life, i'll adapt to the change :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

redprospector

I'm to stinkin' old fashioned for all this computer stuff I guess.
I can't figure out why something that's working fine needs to be fixed.  :D
My skidder is running fine. I was going to change the oil tomorrow, but now I think I'll put a bigger engine in it to see what happens.  ;)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: redprospector on September 15, 2014, 09:13:36 PM

My skidder is running fine. I was going to change the oil tomorrow, but now I think I'll put a bigger engine in it to see what happens.  ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

red oaks lumber

don't start with me ol goat. :)you need teeth to chew your cud :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Brucer

I have half a dozen boards on separate tabs. When I want to sign onto the forum I just hit the "Open All in Tabs" selection, so I normally bypass the Index page. The only time I use the index is when I want to get to another board.

For the way I work, having the quick links across the top of every page would be useful. Having them just on the Index page wouldn't help much.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

red oaks lumber

nice grills goat, you got other bling? :D

Peter Drouin

I like to start at the top and work my way down, That way I don't miss some things. :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

giant splinter

I like the way Jeff thinks, changing something so it becomes easier is always good. I'll "Roll with it" what ever he changes.
roll with it

Cedarman

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!