iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Saw Barn

Started by chet, November 06, 2004, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

It's not giant 18x48, and not real fancy, but should serve my needs well. This coming summer it will get a concrete floor.

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

oakiemac

Sweet shed Chet. Did you make both ends open so you can just pull the mill straight through? How are you going to remove sawdust?
Looks like you have a dandy there.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

T_in_SC

Great job on the shed.  How big is it and how wide is the side opening.

sandmar

Yee haw Chet! Just what I been looking for...details man,we need details. Sizes of .............EVERYTHING. You cut all the wood? Sweet,sweet place to work this winter........I be jealous :-/ Thanks for the pics...keep 'em coming as you get it all set up.

Sandmar

dewwood

Nice Chet very nice.  Where did you locate it in relation to the house, garage, workshop and wood shed?

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

DanG

Nice job Chet! 8) 8)  That'll be nice and cozy for sawing this winter. Ya gonna put a heater in there, or don't you yoopers believe in that sort of thing? ???  Did ya make room for a refrigerator to keep the beer from freezing?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

karl

8) shed
and plenty of room to add on too!

karl
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Jeff

I have an eye for fine detail and I can see that those hinges are Ohio hinges. Not my first choice but they will do just fine I imagine.  In da U.P. ya gotta have doors on both ends not so you pull straight through, but so you can plow straight through
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

You'll need a ladder on the back of it to make it easier for the wife to get up there and shovel the snow off the roof.

WH_Conley

Beats the heck out of snowballs
Bill

Kevin_H.

fine looking shed, good job chet!
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Corley5

8) 8) 8) 8)  Looks like ya knew what ya wanted before ya started ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

UNCLEBUCK

Thats a beautiful shed Chet ! Looks like its in a great location and out of the wind . Congratulations !  8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Brian_Bailey

Very nice job Chet!  

There's nothing like have a building to keep the weather off your equipment and yourself.
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

WoodSmith

Excellent mill house looks to nice to be called a shed, thanks for sharing the photos. I don't have the set up yet but viewing photos like these I will definitely know what I want to do when it all comes together.
Modern technology can be  good thing / digital pics
Thanks

sigidi

Bew-da-ful Mate!!! 8)

great looking piece of construction
Always willing to help - Allan

hillbilly

;)That there was good use of a hillside  the way you cut into the bank and made your lot bigger .
                  Darn good looking shed to I need to build somethjng similar .How wide is the opening to put your logs threw?        
                  hillbilly

shopteacher

I like it, I like it alot :) :) :)
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

chet

Thanks for da compliments  folks.  :)

Oakiemac,  Yes both ends are open so I can pull da mill straight through. There is also a door in the back that isn't visible that I can get in and remove sawdust, or set da tractor forks in to load slabs on.

T_in_SC,  It's 18x48 and the large opening in da front is 18'-8".

Sandmar, Yes I cut every bit of wood that is in it. All the framing materials are Red Pine, that includes the posts that I had pressure treated. And the siding is White Pine.

Dewwood,  I put it next door where all my lumber was piled.

DanG,  No heat us yoopers are tough. I am going to put in electric so I can plug da coffee pot in. No beer when sawin'.   ;)

JeffB,  Good eye, but not dat good.  ;D  Ya didn't notice dat some of dem were Wisconsin hinges.

Kevin,  Don't need da latter, she can't climb one with her bad leg. When she nailed all da metal roofin' down for me, I got her up dar in da loader bucket.  :)

Corley5,  Yup
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Paschale

Looks great Chet!   8) 8) 8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

DanG

No beer when sawing here either, Chet. When I pop a top, everything else stops. I just think that shed is too nice to not have a spot where you can enjoy a cold one and just look admiringly at what you've done. Real satisfying! :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Percy

Happenin shed Chet ;D ;D Roofs rule. You have sides as well. I think Im gonna try sides this winter. Today we got a foot of the white stuff and Im thinkin sides would be cool...uhhh...warm  I mean :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

iain

sexy looking shed chet 8)

we're trying to sort out some thing similar but you know how it is with time and every thing ::)

iain

OneWithWood

Good job, Chet.  That's one more iron out of the fire :)

I am closing in on finishing the greenhouse, then it's on to more firewood and back to finishing my saw barn.  

Somehow I figgered you would get yours done first  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

tnlogger

yup sure nuf good looking shed ya got der chet  8)
gene

Thank You Sponsors!