iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Our Refrigerator is Broken

Started by Fla._Deadheader, September 07, 2004, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

She's ALIVE  8) 8) 8)  We decided to play with every thing that resembled something to do with operating the fridge. Took the whole backside off, checked ALL connectors and wires. Ed looked inside the box and found a small side-to-side switch. He flipped it and saw a small "X" shaped potentiometer looking button. He stuck his fingernail into it and turned it and the beast came to life  8) 8) Even getting cold  8) 8)

Thanks to all for the ideas and support. Maybe we can help someone in the future.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

dave7191

that sounds like the defrost timer just make sure it is working if it isn't it will freeze it up so it can't blow the cold through the unit

etat

Cool........I mean Cold............I mean Freezing  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Tagerts_crossing

FDH That is most likely the defrost timer it will cycle every 14 hours and probably not cycle out of defrost anymore. You can keep jumping it out like you did with your finger for several days till you can get a chance to fix.  After a while the evaperator will get a build up of ice and not cool very well (that will happen quicker in a humid climate).  Find a mom and pop appl. store and should be able to get one for less than $10.00. They are really not too model dependent most are interchangeable with most brands.  There are really only 2 or 3 for all models and sizes.   Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I don't use the computer at home very often and I don't sign in at work (just look as guest).   John.                                                                                                                                                                               P.S.  I am not an expert but have worked at a refrigerator factory for over 10 years,  if you can't find a timer let me know I will send you one.
John Schoolcraft

Thank You Sponsors!