iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old adjustable clamp

Started by moosehunter, February 11, 2019, 10:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

I found this cool old clamp while cleaning out my father in law s shed. Anyone have info on it?

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

JV

I found one reference to a C E Caster Company in a 1901 publication but no information on the company.  The were a lot of hardware companies around the turn of the century.  I have several old bar clamps wood and steel.  They work to varying degrees some better than others.  A lot of companies went out of business in the early 1900's.   Back in the 60's I dealt with an old time hardware dealer who had about anything you could want.  He said one day that he only saw 1 or 2 hardware dealers a month where at one time 2 or 3 or more a week was common.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Claybraker

The only thing I know about clamps is that I never seem to have enough for the task at hand. Only guy I ever met that had enough clamps, also had a pet Unicorn.

Thank You Sponsors!