iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Width of your band wheel, width of your blade?

Started by valley ranch, March 08, 2015, 01:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valley ranch

Greetings, Haven't ordered blades yet. My band wheels are 19" pulleys 7/8" wide with 5/8" Vbelts.

Will be driven by 18hp gas engine.

I'm thinking 1 1/4" blade. {haven't welded the forks that hold the wheels on yet.}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wood-Mizer LT40 13-18hp uses 1 1/4 X 158" blade. I plan to use the same length and width blade.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's your thought guys?

Thanks Richard

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scor440

East ky logging

Yes I agree with the others they are a common size and you can try different brands to see what work best for you
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

valley ranch

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The time has come when I need a blade or blades here to work with. It really helps to hear from you, I don't know anyone around here with a mill, you know? someone you can ask a what kind of guides, how fast, how long, which way.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was just reading another thread about degree and hook angle and speed of cut. It will be nice when I can put on a blade and see what works. Now it's just a blade, well maybe I'll order a 4° to start, they were pretty convincing.

Have a good day. Richard

Thank You Sponsors!