iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fordson Sawmill

Started by TDM, June 15, 2020, 12:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDM

I have acquired the parts of a supposedly complete 54" Fordson sawmill. ANY help would be greatly appreciated

moodnacreek

I don't think Ford made a sawmill. [Case did]  Using a Fordson to power a sawmill was once common. Although under powered this was done with slow feed and a saw with few teeth. Please tell us more about your find.

DDW_OR

Quote from: moodnacreek on June 15, 2020, 12:59:43 PM
I don't think Ford made a sawmill. .......
Fordson is not Ford
my grandpa had a Fordson tractor, it was made in England
He could not get parts during WWII
"let the machines do the work"

Brian_Rhoad

Fordson was a brand name of tractors and trucks. It was used on a range of mass-produced general-purpose tractors manufactured by Henry Ford & Son Inc from 1917 to 1920, by Ford Motor Company and Ford Motor Company Ltd from 1920 to 1928, and by Ford Motor Company Ltd from 1929 to 1964.

moodnacreek

Don P

A group of investors in Minneapolis hired a young man named Ford and came out with "The Ford Tractor" ahead of Henry Ford. It was not a success but that is the reason Henry Ford called his tractor the Fordson.

I don't know of a Fordson sawmill, but Henry was a dabbler in many things.

Edit, following DDW's comment, Fordson production was moved to Cork, Ireland in 1928. Hmm, I wonder if that is how the meeting between Harry Ferguson and Henry came about. In the late 30's the Ford Ferguson 9N came out with Ferguson's 3point hitch. That handshake agreement between the two is a whole other story.

Thank You Sponsors!