iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trying to hook up a Lt70 Electric

Started by Precision Wood Products, November 23, 2012, 07:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Precision Wood Products

I purchased a used Lt 70 electric sawmill. I had 208 3 phase in my shop, so I purchased a step-up transformer. I have 442 now, a little lower volts than I was looking for. Does anyone have a similar sawmill running on 440 and how does it run?

Bibbyman

I would think the motor on the LT70 should have been able to be wired for 208.  We were able to wire our LT40 for either voltage. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

bandmiller2

All depends what you have for a motor on the mill.Many 220v motors are also rated for 208v.Lt-70 three phase mizers have plenty of power,the one I operated was run on 220v. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

jcbrotz

Quote from: Precision Wood Products on November 23, 2012, 07:48:03 PM
I purchased a used Lt 70 electric sawmill. I had 208 3 phase in my shop, so I purchased a step-up transformer. I have 442 now, a little lower volts than I was looking for. Does anyone have a similar sawmill running on 440 and how does it run?

Most but not all 3 phase transformers have taps to adjust the voltage up or down 10-15 volts. Just a thought
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Al_Smith

It shouldn't make any difference .What you got now is 120/208 wye .

If you are concerned about it why get a hold of Woodmizer they could confirm if it would work or not .

Precision Wood Products

Sorry I will be more specific. the sawmill was tapped to 480 and all the breakers and transformer were also. To change all of them over to 208 was $2000. I bought a step up transformer to change my shop power from 208 to 480, but the transformer was only able to get the voltage to 442, a little low. i was concerned but today i went ahead and tried it and the sawmill runs fine on the slightly low voltage. thanks for your answers.

Thank You Sponsors!