iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lower left Corner

Started by Fla._Deadheader, April 15, 2007, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

of the Puter screen. I have to wait a little for every page change to load. NOW, I see dg.specificclick dot com flash as one of the loads ???  Adware supposedly deletes it, but, next visit to FF and there it is ???

Is this stuck in the puter somewhere, and where, exactly ??? Is this being used as a FF
tool ??? 

How can I melt down stuff like this on the senders puter or server  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Its not being used on the forestry forum. Its got nothing to do with us.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

JimBuis

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on April 15, 2007, 10:09:31 AM

of the Puter screen. I have to wait a little for every page change to load. NOW, I see dg.specificclick dot com flash as one of the loads ???  Adware supposedly deletes it, but, next visit to FF and there it is ???

Is this stuck in the puter somewhere, and where, exactly ??? Is this being used as a FF
tool ??? 

How can I melt down stuff like this on the senders puter or server  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I did some research by Googling that site you name and found this quote on a site complaining about it:
"Tonight word comes from multiple blogs that a popular free stats called SiteMeter made a deal with a third party marketing company called Specific Media to place tracking cookies on ALL sites that use SiteMeter. Sitemeter's privacy policy makes no mention of this fact."

I have not had any problems with this, but I have pretty good software protecting me at this end.

Good luck,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Jeff

Then we do have something to do with it as we have had a site meter since the beginning of time.  Guess site meter is going by by.

Fla._Deadheader

Wasn't sure about FF tool ???  Sitemeter is ALWAYS slow to load. I have RDSI, an in between from Dial up to DSL.  Supposed to be 128K connection  ::) ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

The site meter is now history on the forum. I had no idea they started doing that. I'll have to find some other way to get stats.

I've removed it from the forum pages, I'll go remove it from our entrance page now.

Fla._Deadheader

A lil update: This mornin, before I posted about THAT site, I scanned for malware, etc. and had 57 infections. Cleared it all off, and reported here. Ran the Puter off and on, rest of the day, and ran a scan a while ago. Had 7 infections. Guess Sitemeter was lettin everybody through the gate ???  ::) ::) Went to all the sites I normally visit each time I'm online.  Tanks,  Jeff
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

To be clear, what you had were not "infections".  They were cookies for helping determine what sort of ads to serve you when you go to a site that has ads that they are affiliated with.

When I started with site meter their privacy agreement forbade them from doing that sort of thing. I guess they changed their mind Dang em. >:(

sawdust

thanks for lookin out for us jeff. I am a computer luddite, and need protecting. mostly from my own stupidity!

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Fla._Deadheader

Infections, is a play on words. I use AVG and that is the way it is worded after the scan.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Fla._Deadheader

After cruising the net this morning, 1 Paypal tracking cookie. ???

NOW, I go to Yahoo for my mail, and netscape pops up and shuts down Mozilla.  >:( >:( >:( >:(  Anyone else have this ???  >:( >:( >:(
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!