iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Firefox update and old profile gone

Started by SwampDonkey, June 02, 2019, 09:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Not sure if I know exactly what Firefox is doing with the new release. Looks like all my profile was not transferred and they seem to be pushing their 'Firefox account' thing in this one. Well I did find the old profile with a little digging into my 'x86 app' folder to start the previous installation and under Help/Troubleshooting found the old profile folder by clicking on 'Open Folder' under the heading 'Application Basics' by subheading Profile Folder. Then I just did a copy over into the new updated Firefox profile folder. But the profile folder is also now sitting as a backup folder on my desktop, I copied it there. Mine is called '9w8irup4.default'. Probably the same name for anyone. Don't remember any warnings regarding Firefox's new update doing a complete new profile, but maybe I had something I did not read. Brain's too foggy on that part. :D Anyway, just a heads up if it happens. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))