iDRY Vacuum Kilns

"Link Mismatch Detected" from email notification

Started by John Mc, December 28, 2019, 11:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

When I get a notification via email, if I click on the link I get the warning/error message"

QuoteLink Mismatch Detected

The link you just clicked seems to lead to another site than what the link text indicated. This is sometimes used for tracking whether you clicked the link, but it could also be a scam.

The link text indicated that the link would lead to forestryforum.com, but it leads to u8385200.ct.sendgrid.net.
I'm thinking this happened after some previous forum update, and there was some trick to making the warning stop showing up, but I can't figure it out now.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Jeff

Is the link going through sendgrid? We have to use a pay service to deliver email due to the volume to keep gmail from calling it spam.  That could be it. I dont use the function, but it counts the clicks via the emails so you know if i wanted to know. I dont.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

John Mc

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow