iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Education and Tree Biology

Started by treeman214, February 15, 2004, 10:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treeman214

My name is John A. Keslick, Jr.  I am a tree biologist and a writer.  I am new to the list.

Jeff

John, welcome to the Forestry Forum. As a new member, I did have to edit your post. Posting links and advertising other websites is not allowed for a very new member. In time our members will want to know more about you and then it may be appropriate. To start where are you from? Put yourself on the members map.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

treeman214

treeman214

Dear Brother and Sister Logging Associates

I am a small logging company in South Eastern USA.  I am happy to be a part of such an wonderful industry.  We operate in an urban area where sometimes we even remove the leaves.  The public as well as children look up to our industry and our logging practices.  We believe, here, at Keslick and Son Modern Arboriculture, that honesty, with respect to the public as well as the environment, is a key issue with our profession.  

We are dedicated to setting high standards with sound ethics that will not only serve the public right, but please our higher power as well.  We are writing you because we have reason to believe you have the same high quality standards and desires.

Providing schools and the public with information based on sound science, is one way, we believe, we can reach such goals.  We have taken on several projects and have come to believe we need help from fellow brothers and sisters like you.  I.e., educated in the business of trees, such as, what they are, how they live, grow, defend themselves and eventually die.  We believe in order to care for the needs of people; we must understand the needs of trees, which people, no doubt, need.  Then once we understand the ecological stages of trees, we must, present this information in a well defined, accurate manner to the public and children.

With the latter in mind, and an understanding that anatomy must precede physiology, based on tree biology, we began three documents.  1. A document on Technical Tree Biology Terms.  2. A closer look a trees called Logging "What It Is" and a list of sound blurbs from technical reports (3).  

Now, we desire the children to know the truth and would like you to help us enhance these documents, contribute some images and open up doors for more projects.  We are not asking for money.  Just your ideas on what you have learned about tree biology with all of the research and work you have done with trees.  Maybe someone on your team has computer skills.

We will give you equal credit on any work we complete together.

Let us together educate the children!

Waiting for your humble reply.

Our code of ethics is a folllows.

I AM HERE TO LEARN

• Respect myself, others and the environment
• Cooperate with all school personnel
• Do nothing to keep the teacher from teaching, or keep anyone, including myself, from learning.

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
 ;D

Thank You Sponsors!