iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln size.

Started by customsawyer, October 02, 2015, 05:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forester2009

Any recommandations on putting two stacks of 4' back to back as apposed to end to end?  I have a nyle 150 good for 3000bdft, and at the moment I don't have power pack at my mill.  So I would like to build a kiln on skids, so i can steal power out of my garage.  Later on, when I get power to my mill I can just drag it back there. I would like to keep my lenght down on size.  I rarely cut anything over 12' so I was going to build a 14' long chamber.  But 8 footers really cuts down on my capacity.  So I was wondering if I could put my stacks back to back on the short stuff?
2006 WoodMizer lt70 Cat diesel Command Control,  Corley Two Blade edger, Case W7 wheelloader,  Old Hmc Debarker,  Cat Genset

DR Buck

Jake,   Scott and Yellow Hammer covered all of the important points.   My kiln is end loaded.  One of these days I'll get the carts built, but for now and the past too many years I load by hand.   I bought the material for the carts and tracks years ago, but haven't gotten to it yet.   

I use 4' wide stacks and go end to end.  My total capacity is just under 2000 bf.  Total length is only 19'.    My chamber is an old box from a mail truck that I insulated.   If I ever re do it, I will use an aluminum insulated sea container.   20 ft refridgerated sea containers can be found for about $2500. 
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

beenthere

Back to back probably not so good unless you figure out how to get the good air movement that distance.
I'm thinking it would require some good baffling and fan power.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OneWithWood

I occasionally stack 40" wide lifts back to back in my Woodmizer 4000 (Nyle 200 with a Honeywell controller).  I have loaded as much as 3500 bdft in one charge.  Proper baffling and fan configuration is a must.  It is imperative that the stickers line up in each lift so the air can move unimpeded through the stacks.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!