iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The last party

Started by etat, December 31, 2003, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

Lots of folk probably out partyin tonight in celebration of the new year coming in.  I been invited to a few myself.  Gonna do like I did last year, and the year before that, and will like I usually do, sit here at the house.  Me and the wife alone.  (We might party jest a little).  The kids that are still at home have gone to a church party.  Lots of my frends probably gonna be out drinkin.  

The last New Years party I was at was at my house.  A real rootin tootin hoe down.  Beer, wiskey, wine, and a bunch of people.  As the night wore down I'd done been sippin on enough tequila that I wuz pretty lit.  As was the wife, and about everybody else that was still there.  About 11:30 or so this guy and his wife started argueing.  I'd about had enough and told em to leave, EVERYBODY.  I just wanted to lay down so's the room would quit spinnin.  In a minute somebody come hollarin at me, said the couple had took their fight outside and the guy had hit his wife.  Said MY wife was chasin him with a BUTCHER KNIFE!.  I tore out the door soberin up as I went.  Grabbed the wife and took her knife away from her and sent her in the house. Me and her done some argueing too.  And then made sure I run EVERYBODY off.  Stood there and watched em leave.  As I came through my front door somethin hit me in the head.  Knocked me to my knees, and as I came up noticed I'd done been hit with one of them Tonka Trucks.  First time I ever remember seein stars.  Well, as I come up the fight was on.  (Let me just say that the only kid we had at the time was over at his grandpa's.)  We tore each up pretty good, that woman was gougin and biting and I wuz pullin hair and hittin.  We finally fought ourselfs out and went to bed.  A course we were both pretty drunk.  Woke up the next moring and we were both hurt pretty badly.  Almost to the point we really needed to go to the horsepital.  A course we wuz both too embarressed to do so.  We sat and talked for a long time.  A long, long time.  We'd physically fought before but this time was bad. We called a truce.  Decided to quit drinking. Decided if we wuz gonna raise kids we was gonna have to change.  Made a pac to do so.  Vowed to never raise a hand against each other again.  

Now it's about 15 years later.  We don't drink, though on a hot day I will partake of the ocassional beer.  We don't hit each other, though we do fuss a LOT.  Now our fussin is mostly in fun, or to have somethin to do.  The kids say we's nuts and make fun of us. They have as much fun out of it as we do.

So, now  even though it's New years I'm just agonna stay right here at home.  Me and the wife's gonna see the New Year come in, I know we'll still be up cause we won't go to sleep until the kids come home.  I told em they could stay at the church party and see the new year come in.  IF they would call about ever thirty minutes after 11:00.  And use their own good judgement.  OF course we'll worry, but that's just part of us, thankfully our kids are pretty level headed.  We often talk about that when we're alone.  How did we get so lucky.  All I know is right now I'm pretty proud to be sittin here, not at some party, just me and the wife. :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

EZ

Good for you and your wife.
My wife and I stay home also and worry about the kids. Our youngest called today and said they were going to stay home like mom and dad. Such good children. ;D
When I use to drink, my wife and I would'nt fight, all I wanted to do was to get drunk. Most of my New Years I dont remember cause of the black outs. Dont miss it, dont want it back. Some folks, like myself just cant handle it.
Happy New Year
EZ

Ed_K

CK, your not alone  ;). We're married 26, and things are way better now. But it took 22 before I quit drinkin  :-[.
 God bless and Happy New Year.
 ps I'm goina soak in the tub, go to bed and pray for a better yr coming.
Ed K

Duane_Moore

:D CK,  your alright. you would have a hellava good cowboy. we would have tore the bunkhouse up, at least a time or two, but let's not go there.  don't know witch wife I was on in them day's, but they were fun filled, good to have memories,   Take care.  Duane  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  Happy New Year to All,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Thank You Sponsors!