iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

562xp auto tune no spark

Started by Goosemanx, January 29, 2017, 02:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosemanx

So this happened a couple day ago while cutting firewood.Was limbing a tree pretty will wide open and saw shut off all of a sudden , just like you hit the switch. Couldn't get the saw restarted, brought it home and no spark , tried different plug still no spark.
Is it my ignition module or could it be something else?any ideas appreciated
I should also add it has proper air gap and I also removed the ignition module and there was no damaged wires

Canadiana

Welcome goosemanx, i hate to ask if it is fueled up or if shut off switch failed so we will pretend i didn't. They usually stutter when empty. Sure it could be ignition coil. Does the saw still freely turn when pulled? Nothing stopping the chain from moving?
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

Canadiana

Have you tested spark by shorting the plug to the cylinder?
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

Goosemanx

Turns smooth as silk, has fuel,

Goosemanx

Tried this method with two new spark plugs

Goosemanx

If it didn't have fuel it would still have spark !
Just wondering why it has no spark , if the ignition module fail all is a sudden or if it's autotune related why the spark quit

Spike60

It could be the coil, as in any saw that doesn't have spark. Changing it involves removal of the flywheel, and you WILL be asking why the heck they ran the ground wire under the carb like they did. First thing you need to do is to check the wires from the coil to the carb.

And right there is the brilliance of auto tune, should you have a dealer to plug it in to the CST. Had this once with a 562 and once with a 70cc test saw i'm not allowed to talk about. In both cases the CST showed a failure code that indicated a fault/short with the red wire that runs from the coil to the white plug that plugs into the carb. Some wear through the insulation where is passes through the crankcase. So, take a look at that first.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Goosemanx

I removed the complete ignition system and all wires were good
And yes I did ask myself that very question!
Why they didn't run the red and blue wire along with the plug wire I have no idea
I have the cst installed on my computer just waiting for the cord to arrive
Dealer ordered the ignition module for me but they ordered the wrong one, lol, so still waiting

Goosemanx

Problem solved new ignition module fixed it

Thank You Sponsors!