iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is it worth trying to get a job in forestry? (maine)

Started by moose207, September 25, 2017, 11:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose207

Hi everyone, i work in the mental health field. I like my job but feel like somethings missing. As i spend more time in the woods and on here i cant help but wonder if i could make the change to a foresty type job... im 29 and cant help but wonder if im still capable of going into a job like that. If its a younger persons route and i should stay were i am.
I grew up and live in a mill town in maine.. well it was a mill town. I cant help but seeing one after another shut down. That also has me worried about what may be out there fir a guy like me.
Just a thought.. any input would be great.

I cant help but thinking how much i would love to be a climbing arborist.
Moose207
Ms270c (18"bar), ms440 (18" bar)

Texas Ranger

There may always be jobs here, but, harder to come by and harder competition.  Use your time to get educated in the field, go for local licensing  and see what is required.  Having any job at this time is an advantage.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

moose207

So getting some study guides and possibly getting my arborist licence would be a good start? Its a writen and oral test here in maine for the arborist licence and a $30 yearly renewal.. couldnt hurt if its something i could pull off. Plus i give me a reason to buy more knot books lol
Ms270c (18"bar), ms440 (18" bar)

Thank You Sponsors!