iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mini pies...

Started by metalspinner, November 18, 2007, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

My wife and i just got back from Walmart.  One of the things on her list were some small pie trays for individual pie servings.  They didn't have it. ::)  So she came home disappointed.  I headed to the shop... ;D

A bit later I came up with a dozen of these...

She was so happy, she let me pic the first pie flavor this year. 8)  I think we will go with pecan. ;D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Furby

I would have made them bigger......... say 10" or so! ;)

Tom

"If the women don't find you handsome, they might at least find you handy."  Red Green  :D :D

Good show !!!

That size looks jus-s-st right.   'Specially for a personal pie., The commercial individual pecan pies have already had a precedent set.

'Course, if they were for me, I agree, 10' would be better 'cause I'm a glutton. ;D

metalspinner

Furby, did you see that I made a dozen of them?  I figure by the time I'm finished polishing off the first batch, the second batch will be coming out of the oven. :D

Furby

But had you made a dozen 10" ones..............
;D

Either way, nice work! 8)

pineywoods

copper or aluminum ??   Looks nice.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Paschale

Very cool, and very impressive!  You'll have to show us pictures of the finished pies.   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Norm

Cool! I'm curious to how you made them.

metalspinner

Piney,
They are aluminum.  The industry standard for aluminum cookware is "alloy" 1100 - pure aluminum.  I may make a few copper and give it a taste test.

Thanks, Paschale!
Of course, finished pie pics will follow. ;D

Norm..Hmmm
Maybe I will try a you tube clip.  I have not tryed that yet.  may take a little while.

WDH

Nice!  They are beautiful (I want to be sure and compliment you since Tom called you ugly, but you are handy, so maybe you will feel better about it) ::) :) ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!