iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Meat pies!

Started by sbishop, November 30, 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 02, 2012, 05:15:25 AM
  The dog wouldn't eat it. So he declared if a dog won't eat it, it's not fit to eat. :D :D

Polite dogs would have at least tasted it then if it was nastey they lick their butts to get the taste out of their mouth .

Okrafarmer

That's very observant, Al!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Al_Smith

Well you know dogs will just be dogs ,they can't help themselves  .Lick their butts then want to llck you ,rather annoying to most .

Now this Oz /NZ thing with lamb ,that meat never really went big this side of the pond .It has a different taste which some don't care for albiet they don't lick their behinds that I am aware of .

The shepards pie I was refering to is a mixture of ground beef ,with a gravy of sorts and some times some vegatables baked in the oven with a layer of mashed potaoes over the top .Tasty !

Now the traditional shepards dinner is a glass of milk and a piece of  ewe  but using a slightly different spelling and suggesting a slightly different meaning excluded due  to content .

Okrafarmer

Yew? I've heard that can be poisonous. My friend lost a small beef herd when they munched on Japanese Yew. Only the bull survived-- friend said it was only because he was too ornery to die.  :(
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Al_Smith

Quote from: Okrafarmer on December 02, 2012, 09:11:42 AM
Only the bull survived-- friend said it was only because he was too ornery to die.  :(
Well truth be known it because he was the "old " bull of the old story .Which goes like this --

Once upon a time a young bull and an old bull were surveying the herd  from a hill top .The young bull says to the  old bull ,let's  run down the hill ,jump the fence and  romance one of those heifers .

The old bull replied no lets walk down the hill go through the gate and romance them all .That sports fans is no bull,well sort of I guess . ;)--remember the first BS artist doesn't stand a chance---

WH_Conley

I'm some what of a Bulls***er myself, but sometimes I enjoy lisenting to a professional. Please carry on. :D :D
Bill

Al_Smith

:D Well internet forums have a certain amount of usefull information but a little dash of humor now and again kind of livens things up a tad bit .

Now if I could just figure out what in the world the equine from the swamps of NB Canada is talking about just half the time I could come back with a lively retort every so often .

How in the world could one language get so screwed up depending upon where it's comng from .My heavens we got Brits ,Aussies ,eastern Canadians and flat land hillbillys like me and it's wonder any number of us has any idea what the other is talking about .--carry on have a little piece of meat pie for Sunday brunch or a big slice if you want to .

WH_Conley

This is the way we do it. A slice? The one on the right was mine.

Sometimes it takes some ciphering to understand that guy. ;D
Bill

thecfarm

The one on the left is mine.   ;D ;D  ;D

My wife will cut out an apple with a cookie cuter and paint food coloring on it with a fine brush. The color really makes the apple stand out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

Quote from: Al_Smith on December 01, 2012, 10:07:06 AM
Meat pies in varied forms were a part of my diet as I was growing up .My mother was a  farm girl and my fathers mother was German so it just kind of came with the territory .

One variation was English steak and kidney pie which to many would not sound appetizing at all .  .The secret is you have to literially boil the pizz out of them first .It really is quite tastey .I haven't eaten meat pie in decades though .
Mom was of English descent so we ate meat pies too. The one thing she would not make was steak and kidney pie, I was the only one that would eat it.  :D It is an acquired taste. DanG, just finished breakfast and you guys are making me hungry again.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

Well steak and kidney have a rather strong flavor but so does lamb .Now I can't help but wonder what would happen if you stirred a little bit of grits in the mixture for the grit crowd .

I don't know some people never get passed hamburgers and some can eat about anything without being squemish .I believe my deceased  father could eat about anything that smelled nasty or looked awfull .

Beef tongue !So it licked a cows butt but it tastes good .Now liver on the other hand is something the cat is fond of and he can have my share or the dog one .Liver and grits would be a hoot . :D

Okrafarmer

I just had pizza pie.  :-X

Al_Smith

With grits or gritless .

Ianab

If you fly Air New Zealand you might get lucky and be given a Steak and Mushroom pie as your inflight meal  :D  Even comes with a little tub of Tomato sauce, and an icecream on a stick for desert  ;D

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Al_Smith on December 02, 2012, 02:08:57 PM
With grits or gritless .

Little Squeezers are usually gritless.  ;D

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Ianab on December 02, 2012, 02:12:28 PM
If you fly Air New Zealand you might get lucky and be given a Steak and Mushroom pie as your inflight meal  :D  Even comes with a little tub of Tomato sauce, and an icecream on a stick for desert  ;D

Ian, I wish all the airlines were that generous!

SwampDonkey

I don't think I got as much as Lil for $12.  Just ate out on Thursday at a restaurant, with the folks. We all ordered the same dish. For %@^% sake, when it arrived I commented to mother I think they took one fillet of haddock from the freezer and cut it into thirds for us all. Two table spoons of coleslaw, a bun that was shipped in from the far side of Quebec,two table spoons of peas and carrots, and one dollop of mashed taters. I full expected a whole fillet of fish not a third. Don't come to NB expecting generous portions at a restaurant. And this is the same all over the province, very few exceptions. No wonder we all go to Maine for eating out. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

SD
Maybe the restaurants are governed by a marketing board too?
;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

:D :D Not that I'm aware of.  Just plain old cheap. It's not like there is a shortage of food or that any of the items are all that expensive to get at the grocery store. I figured they made $36 on a $2 fillet. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I woulda showed ya pictures of my squash pie, but it's all gone I'm afraid. Mmm some good. Made the old fashioned way, thickened on the stove top then baked. None of that condensed milk stuff from cans. If I said it was pumpkin you wouldn't know the difference. ;D

thecfarm

The best pumpkin pie is made from squash.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

Well look at like this Swamp you might have high priced fish  but at least you have mooses .Now come on you can't have everything . ;)

Say I knew a girl once they called moose lips ,why I have no idea .There wasn't anything moosish about her .

SwampDonkey

You remember M*A*S*H with Allan Alda? Well according to one episode, a lady Korean who was called a moose by a GI was something a little different. ;)

beenthere

Quote from: thecfarm on December 02, 2012, 05:23:13 PM
The best pumpkin pie is made from squash.

Just like grits, you can make the squash taste like any or all the things ya add to it. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Al_Smith

Well that term of "Moose" I was rather niave about at15-16 years of age but you might be on to something .

Thank You Sponsors!