iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well, I'm back...

Started by zopi, April 24, 2009, 09:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

in the states...It's great to be home except for the crowds noise and stupid commercials.. ;D

The ship got in last Saturday, and I've been bumming around a bit and working a bit...going over to get a truckload of quickcrete to start on the piers under our house..It's a good thing I can make my own timbers.  ::)

well, I better git..gotta eat breakfast and fix a tire before I go...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Norm

Welcome back Zopi, thanks for your hard work and service.

CLL

Welcome home, always better when yo get home.
Too much work-not enough pay.

Warbird

Patty

Good to have you home again! Thanks so much for your service, we appreciate you very much.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

wi woodcutter

Welcome home! :)

Thank you very much for your service. ;D
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

LeeB

Welcome back from the sand box. Glad you made it out unscathed. You'll get used to all the noise and such soon enough. No place like home.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

zopi

Thanks guys...been busy all day..shopping for crap I need for this foundation project, and a few things I didn't need..<D> Bought a little honda fourstroke tiller..one of the little weedwacker
size jobs....that thing is the bomb diggity for weeding the garden...can get it down to five inches narrow...1/8 acre garden..weeded in a half hour.

which frees me up to...pour concrete in a crawl space. ugh.

Guess I'll get to play with the mill eventually..I guess since I am pouring concrete I might as well make a set of cast piers for the mill to sit on...raise it up six or eight inches, and all level..maybe set a few posts and build a dead deck..

Maybe it'd be easier to go back to sea... :D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

beenthere

Welcome back.
What things from "home" helped your stay while there?  Everything, I suppose. But any highlights?
How did the others cope while you were all there?

Hard to imagine what it is like, but have great appreciation for those who are serving our Country. Obviously takes a lot of support and sacrifice.

Have fun with the many projects.
8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

zopi

Hmm..stuff from home...Email is the biggest...being able to communicate and know that everything is alright, and when they go wrong knowing that I have some input into the resolution is important..That and hot sauce...anything is edible with hot sauce...I've been on ships where the food doesn't suck...but this ain't one of them..our chief cook is just that,
a cook..and she can't cook..no craft involved at all..all she wants to do is raise hell and #$%^ about her situation. Thank god for Snow's canned chowder...

The family support group does alot of little things or us..little presents, cards and videos..we do video grams..reading to the little kids..mine are a bit too old for it...

We actually have satellite phones to talk to folks at home...I don't tend to use it much though..I let the younger guys have it..I'll call about once a month and talk...wifey and I communicate better by email....she often sits downstairs and chats with me upstairs...wierd but it works..

fresh books are a big deal too..

I've got to give props to my little brother as well..he sent me his playstation portable...I played alot of video golf over the last couple of months.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Burlkraft

Good ta see yer back,
Welcome home Zop  8)  8)  8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Oh what a feeling to be home.Good to have you back on here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

farmerdoug

Glad your back and in fine shape. :)

Did you guys wear out those magazines?
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

sawman

Welcome Home and thank you.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Thank You Sponsors!