iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Are Monday's Bad ?

Started by pineywoods, October 22, 2012, 11:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Quote from: pineywoods on November 01, 2012, 09:59:52 AM
All I have to do is clean it up a bit, and swap out the 3 phase motor.

Pretty soon that thing will have hydraulics on it  :D :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pineywoods

Quote from: WDH on November 01, 2012, 09:59:35 PM
Quote from: pineywoods on November 01, 2012, 09:59:52 AM
All I have to do is clean it up a bit, and swap out the 3 phase motor.

Pretty soon that thing will have hydraulics on it  :D :D.

Believe it or not, the lathe already has some hydraulics  ;D The spindle speed control is via variable sized pulleys, which are hydraulic controlled.
You need to put a hydraulic log turner on that LT15 before you mess up your back rasslin them big white oak logs.  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

drobertson

Back to the story, are mondays really that bad, or is it our impatience on waiting for the timing to be right on time?  All good things come to those who wait.   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Wayne,

I need a good hydraulic consultant.  I pay good  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Handy Andy

Seems we all have a few bad days, also have a lot of good days.  That is a cool unisaw.  I knew a guy who had 2, hooked together so he could run the fence across both.  He could rip 8'.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

beenthere

What product would one make that needed to be ripped 8' ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Handy Andy

Think he had a dado head in one and sawblade in the other.  But it was cool how he could just put the blade down on one and run the fence clear across. He could take an inch off the end of a sheet of ply.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Planman1954

Thought about your old thread on Mondays Piney! Started off with my plotter not working...again. I have 3 for my business. I tried number 2, and the belt broke that runs the thing! Hmmm...Monday. Went to number 3, the  cutter stops half way through the cycle of cutting and jams paper all in the roller. Thought better of it, and went out to the barn to work. Got the steps finished! Yeah, things are looking up. Came inside to eat leftovers...felt something in my mouth. Uh-oh! Crown came off! Monday. Called dentist, said 4:30. OK...so went back in and tried to print again on number 3 plotter. Boiled the ink cartridge. It worked! Yeaaahhh! Printed out a plan. Left at 3:30 for 4:30 appt. Went ok. So, not all bad...new plan and new tooth. All is well. God is in control. Happy...later.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Okrafarmer

We didn't have such a great Monday. We kind of burned through it like a dull blade through hickory. At the end, we had made some accomplishments, but not what we would have liked. One bright spot was that the dump truck PTO started working again without having to tear into it. You know what that means-- next Monday, it won't work, and we'll be in a specific hurry to have it dumped. Another one of Murphy's laws, things always work fine when it doesn't really matter-- they only break down when it's critical that they don't.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Kansas

We actually had a pretty good Monday. We haven't been getting hardly any phone calls at work. Finally Casey called the phone company, because people were complaining they couldn't get through. Then we had one long time customer come in and give us hell for not answering the phone. Phone guy was out in the morning, checked everything out, and decided some card was defective. He replaced the card. The phone got to ringing off the hook, we are stocked with orders now.

Thank You Sponsors!