iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland sharpener

Started by Kasba, April 11, 2015, 12:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasba

I was looking at the Woodland automatic sharpener I believe it is the same as the Logosol one. Has anyone used one and will it work on Woodmizer blades? I have read up on some of the sharpeners and they talk about using different cams depending on the blade manufacture.
Timbery M285 25hp, Husqvarna 570 auto tune, Alaskan sawmill, Nova 1624 wood lathe, Dogo Argentino

Chuck White

Quote from: Kasba on April 11, 2015, 12:58:51 PM
I was looking at the Woodland automatic sharpener I believe it is the same as the Logosol one. Has anyone used one and will it work on Woodmizer blades? I have read up on some of the sharpeners and they talk about using different cams depending on the blade manufacture.

The sharpener doesn't care who made the blade, it's the hook angle that makes that difference.

You can convert for example: 10° hook to a 4°, by adjusting the sharpener.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

I have one and like it 

when it came thy didn't say what this plate was for so I called them and Josh emailed me a picture of it

it raise's the grin der up and down

here is where you adjust for your 4 7 and 10 hook why thy spilt it on both sides I don't know so I put some spot welds on it as it was not stiff enough and would hold in place but it now works good
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

mobile sawmill services

the sharpener is a grindlux 2000 model, if you go to the logosol site you can download the manual from there, there is also a little mod detailed on the same site and quite a good link to a you tube vid on how to set it up and use it, its a really good bit of kit as I have one myself and after setting it up and a little tweaking , it turns out perfect grinds every time.......no waiting on blaes being turned round  by the local saw doctor, and as for tooth setting, again have a look on you tube, theres some really good diy setups out there

WmFritz

Quote from: mobile sawmill services on April 12, 2015, 07:47:51 PM
... and as for tooth setting, again have a look on you tube, theres some really good diy setups out there

One of the best do-it-yourselfer's I've seen is found right here...
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,46818.msg673392.html#msg673392
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Kasba

Great idea WmFritz on the setter I will have to do that to mine and a thank you to everyone for their help on the sharpener info.
Timbery M285 25hp, Husqvarna 570 auto tune, Alaskan sawmill, Nova 1624 wood lathe, Dogo Argentino

Thank You Sponsors!