iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawdust Shortage

Started by Patty, March 03, 2008, 12:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

I sent a reply to a contact on that web site.  He will be out next week to look at my cedar slabs.  Looks like we got a deal cooking.  I have 3 TT loads a sitting right now.
ARKANSAWYER

Handy Andy

Stonebroke, fraid I'd have to move.  But it's goin that way everwhere nowdays.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Tim

I sit here rather amused to see that a sawdust shortage made the front page of the Wall Street Journal...

We spent 18 months fighting with the Ontario Ministry of Environment when they said that sawdust was a waste and we had to pay a consultant to determine if it was having an adverse effect on the environment... 4 mills went nipples north because of the consulting fees and charges of failing to heed a provincial order.

There is a sawdust shortage because of the high Canadian dollar, the softwood lumber trade practices and the US housing turmoil. Our mills here are not working... vis a vis... no sawdust.

Okay... I've gone from amused to really PO'd back to amused again. I'm just glad that we accidentally had to change away from making lumber to making shingles...
Eastern White Cedar Shingles

Thank You Sponsors!