iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just so You know

Started by Jeff, June 21, 2010, 01:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I've started making the first of many batches of Jelly from the berries we collected last year. All of this Jelly will be used for Forestry Forum Pig Roast door prizes. :)  (That is everything I don't eat before then) ;)

I need to clear out my frozen berries and juices so I have a place to put the ones I pick as they come on this year.  Some may tell you that our Jelly is worth the drive. :) 

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

We need to do the same Jeff. Patty can be a bit of a pack rat with fruits in the freezer and they do get buried as I dig through them.

We've been using some of the high bush cranberries jelly on toasted snacks lately....umm umm good! Snap a couple pics of the process if you have time.  :)

LeeB

Those older frozen fruits that may have gotten a little dried make good wine too.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

Nope, not dried, but they would make good wine, but that's my brother-in-laws deal, and he usually has wine door prizes here too.  The berries are prepared and juiced in the fall, measured and frozen in freezer bags so they are all ready for Jelly as soon they thaw.

Jeff

There is always just a little dab left that wont fit in a jar with my recipe so I get to chill it and sample it.  Today was High Bush cranberry, which was very good, and High Bush Cranberry/Apple which was quite tasty as well.   I'll be making blueberry tonight.  :)

pigman

If you have any dogberries you could make some jam to give away as door prizes.  ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Bro. Noble

There was a message in the dairybarn from a possum this morning telling me that the wild raspberries and dewberries are ripe >:(
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Burlkraft

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on June 22, 2010, 10:10:21 AM
There was a message in the dairybarn from a possum this morning telling me that the wild raspberries and dewberries are ripe >:(

What?  No pictures?
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WDH

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on June 22, 2010, 10:10:21 AM

Are those like the dogberries that the Pigman likes so much  ???.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

We are currently at 57 new jars of various jellies and jams, and some of the best blueberry ice cream topping I have ever made towards the door prize kitty. :)

Were thinking on going Strawberry picking in the morning, so we just might add some of that to the mix as well.

Jeff

Of the many activities I may become involved in, in the course of a year, I think cleaning strawberries makes my hands smell better then any of the others.  :D

Coon

Atleast its strawberries and not garlic.  ;)  Everyone would smell you coming for miles away.  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!