iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Key switch

Started by Peter Drouin, January 14, 2016, 04:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

My key switch on the mill did work ok. One day the mill would not turn over. Had power to the starter. So I took off the starter off and the thing was toast. Called cat and for $400 got a new one. Had it on for 2 days and It cooked.
I did check to make sure the power would go off when I let go of the key when starting.
Went to my starter guy and got a new Bosch starter for $125. And he told me sometimes a key switch with the vibration might engage the starter when I'm cutting. :o
Put in a new switch and I hope I'm good. ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ocklawahaboy

I has a switch fuse in the crank position and could barely hear the starter turning while the engine was running.  Just a little different sound made me try to turn the engine off and, when I couldn't, yank the battery terminal off.  Thankfully, no apparent damage to the starter.

4x4American

Hopefully it was the switch, and it lasts you another 8 years.  $400 for a starter that is astronomical, that's why they call it the stealership!  :o
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

stealership :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D But the Bosch is not as heavy as the Cat starter.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Never heard of that Peter, but I've made a note of it now.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Ouch,  hopefully that will be the end of your woes.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!