iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

12 months of Kindness

Started by Patty, January 08, 2012, 08:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

I was reading somewhere....and the lady's New Year's resolution was to be kind to people. I thought it was an excellent idea. Here is my list: (I borrowed several of her ideas)

1) January : Purge the house and donate items to Salvation Army or favorite local charity.

2) February: Bake Valentine Cookies for the local volunteer fire department

3) March: Random acts of kindness month. (extra large tip for the waitress, help the neighbor lady clean her yard, etc)

4) April: Volunteer to read books to the folks at the nursing home.

5) May: Pick up cans along the highway and donate the money to the Make a Wish Foundation or the local animal shelter.

6) June: Buy some seeds and help someone plant a garden.

7) July: Volunteer to help care for that garden. Bring a child along to help!

Well you guys get the idea....wouldn't this world be a nicer place to live in if we all practiced acts of kindness every day.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Holmes

And what month will it be when you allow  :)  Norm go to the auctions???  ;)
Think like a farmer.

Meadows Miller

Quote from: Patty on January 08, 2012, 08:17:32 AM

Well you guys get the idea....wouldn't this world be a nicer place to live in if we all practiced acts of kindness every day.  ;)

That It would Be Patty  :) :) ;) ;D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Meadows Miller

Quote from: Holmes on January 08, 2012, 09:27:49 AM
And what month will it be when you allow  :)  Norm go to the auctions???  ;)

Holmes your going to get us in trouble  ;) :D :D  Anyway I think Norm might slip under the radar as auctions only last a day even less iffn you know what you want Mate  ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Patty

Norm can go to any auction he wants as long as he is kind and remembers to bring home a toy like Aaron has for me.  :)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

okmulch

Patty, Norm better buy two, one for you and one for him. :D
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

WDH

Aaron,

I bet that it will grind corn just fine  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I try to every day. Some days the wife is the only one I see,so she gets my kindness.  ;D  Not really one for baking or going to an old people home. But don't walk by others that may just need a person to help them with a door or just to steady them. Walking out of the hospital a women was kinda dizzy. I helped her to the railing,she said her daughter just went to get the car,she was only visiting her husband. I had to wait all of one minute before the daughter showed up.So many of us have no idea what is going on around them. Really makes me sad to see others have trouble and people just walk by until I get there.But sometimes I don't get to help because someone else did it.  ;D
Even take more time with a child,be it your own or a friends.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Patty, your list is my kind of talk.  smiley_thumbsup   No day is complete if you have not paused to help someone along the way.  Even if it is only a telephone call to a lonely person.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

We have been on the receiving end of Patty's acts of kindness more than once, in fact several times. We are truely blessed.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Patty

Ahhhh shucks Piney, you have me blushing. :-[   How is your beautiful wife getting along these days? I think of you guys every time I use one of her tea towels, they are so special..  :)

What goes around comes around, as you all know. So for every act of kindness you perform you will be paid back twice over. 
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

WDH

You were very kind to take the time to make and send me a rhubarb cake as I had never had rhubarb.  A person can either make deposits or withdrawals in the emotional Bank Account.  You are a deposit maker in my book!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

Yes she makes deposits, that put a permanent smile on your face.   :)
Say when

Patty

And I am so wealthy because of it!  To see a smile that otherwise would not have been there is priceless.  :)

We all need to watch for the opportunity to be kind and thoughtful....there are so many opportunities that you will become overwhelmed. Start with one act everyday and you will be amazed at how good you feel. It is so addictive. And guess what, the recipient may just turn around and be nice to someone else in response. How cool is that!   8)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Thank You Sponsors!