iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Thanksgiving

Started by Ed_K, November 27, 2003, 06:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

To all a very Happy Thanksgiving  8) 8) 8). May all those thoughts of good food and company, turn into Great memories  ;).
Ed
Ed K

Jeff

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! Even though I chased that Turkey Noble all week and didn't catch him.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pappy

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!!! and may you be safe and enjoy.

Tim
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

ronwood

Happy Thanksgiving to all! May you be safe in your travels!
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Kevin

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, just remember ...it's the turkey that gets stuffed!

Stump Jumper

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! May God Bless you and be with you in your travels and may you remember what the day is really for Giving Thanks.  Oh yah and maybe getting stuffed. :D

Jeff and Delcy
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

David_c

Happy Thanksgiving to all my freinds on the greatest forum anywhere. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

EZ

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good day.  ;D
EZ

Bro. Noble

Happy Thanksgiving everbuddy 8)

This is going to be a better holiday than first appeared------appears that I have a 24 hr bug so we'll have our dinner Fri. night with all the kids here.   ;D

Then there's that close call with the ' Big Guy' ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

RevCant

Happy Thanksgiving to all Forum readers ;D  Mrs. RevCant and I are recuperating after a week of processing the main dish for our farm customers.  I'm looking forward to getting back on the sawmill :)  Happy Holidays - we all have a lot to be thankfull for.
If cows could only tail....

etat

Ditto.  And a Happy New Year!!!!!!!! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Paul_H

Happy Thanksgiving to you all in the States.Enjoy the Turkey,family and freinds.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

etat

Well, the turkey might have started out stuffed, but he's getting his REVENGE now.  Can't hardly breathe, can't hardly move, and losing weight underneath my belly.  Life is GOOD!  Hope yall had as good a meal as I did.  Turkey, dressing, gravy,  ham, peas, butter beans, slaw, fresh tomatoes, onion, corn, potato salad, cranberry sauce, pecan pie, bananna puddin, and that's just what I can remember.  Hopin now it ain't killed me!!!!!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

sawman

'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Frank_Pender

Well. it is pushing 7:00 pm out here now. :-[  I just got back in from trying to work off a VERY large dinner at 1:30 today.  Like some have said it was not just the turkery on the platter that got stuffed or the HAM that was well baked. :D  I filled the plate twice and left the table once.  I then landed in my recliner and fell asleep until 3:45pm.   Got up and headed for the mill area to do some clean-up, refill the kiln furnace and the house furnace.

I came in and Alice asked what I wanted for supper.   She was whipping up some eggs  for scrambling, for ham and eggs.  I about got sick.  She said, "Nah, I am just fixing desert, since I gave the pumpkin pies to the two grandsons to take home."  I asked, "What are you fixing?"  She said, "A German chocolate cake, with double stuffing."   8) 8) 8) I said, "I will wait unitl tomorrow for lunch." :-/

We do hope everyone had/is having a marvelous day of Thanks.   May everyone get to their destinations as well as their loved one on this holiday.  

From most of what is written on this Forum, we all are blessed and have much to be thankful for our personal worlds.  Thanks be to everyone for their sharing and giving.
Frank Pender

Corley5

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!  Ours went very well.  I'll soon be off to bed to sleep it off ;D ;D ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

woodmills1

hope everone had a great day! :D

For years Kathy had to work on Thanksgiving so I would do firewood all morning to work up a whooping whack of an appetite, so I still try to get some wood work in during the holiday.

Yesterday was a perfect one for me.  I new my tractor was due for some service, as it seemed to not be making as much power.  Sure enough water in the fuel bowl, so by 7:30 I was out and doing maintainance on her.  Fuel filter, grease, air filter, and oil change.  Mom and dad are here from new jersey and dad, at 82, was raking and doing general cleanup by 8:30.  After helping him pick up the piles he had created, I slipped inside to stuff the turkey.  We all joked that it was the first thanksgiving bird rubbed with deisel fuel and motor oil.

Then mom followed the tractor out into the woods and helped me find some nice standing dead to burn in the stoves.  She had a ball running the winch dragging the trees to the forwarder and then lifting them into it, see the forestry forum calender for Dec.  Back home at 11:30 to split up the new wood and some that was lying around.  I split and dad stacked, boy I wish he was closer.  

Cooked the entire dinner for us, mom amd dad, and my sister in law and he partner paul.  Short minutes of relaxation with the couch and football and it was time to call for burn permit.  Took a little while to get the fresh cut pile of pine slabs and trims going but by 1 am I had burned almost all of the residue, having loaded the fire with 10 loads from the forwarder.  Last man standing at 2:30.

Boy the bloody mary tastes good right now. :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!