iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Game camera lens repair

Started by luap, November 09, 2019, 09:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luap

I have a relatively low end game camera that is used as a security camera and a woodpecker has destroyed the ir motion detector lens covers. Is there any substitute material that would work? The camera works fine for daylight but not for night. The manufactures web site has disappeared but I see similar cameras on Amazon sold with different name. If I replace the camera how do I discourage the woodpecker?

btulloh

Put a plastic owl on top of the camera.
HM126

Southside

Sell the photos to a wood pecker calendar publisher and buy a better camera with some of the proceeds!!  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

lxskllr

That's funny. It always gives me joy to see animals trolling humans  :^D

Glue a piece of lexan over it.

luap

Quote from: btulloh on November 09, 2019, 09:13:52 AM
Put a plastic owl on top of the camera.
I have a plastic owl on my garden fence and he is useless.

btulloh

I've had the same results with plastic owls, but the people that sell them swear they work.   :D :D

Get a real owl.

That is an interesting problem with the woodpecker.  Maybe a ratwire cage over the whole thing.  
HM126

Southside

Ever think the wood pecker might be part of the advanced team for the local burglars?  Disable the security systems ahead of time, beats using teenagers.   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

luap

Update- camera is repaired and working. I was able to get the lens material from an online supplier of camera parts who provides parts for those who want to custom build their own camera. The camera manual states the camera gives off low level electric vibrations that are attractive to ants. The woodpecker must have thought he found an ant colony. So now I have changed the settings to take fewer pictures with more lag time to reduce the vibrations. We'll see how that goes. I'm on the road now but when I get home I'll post a couple new pictures.

Thank You Sponsors!