iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What critters have you seen from your house?

Started by Edvantage, May 09, 2021, 09:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Saw a wood chuck last night. Did not have time to get a picture but had time to grab my Grand Mother's 22.   ;)
Wood chuck went into the garden and climbed onto the big rock in the garden. There is a big split in this rock, about 6 inches across. Rock is about 4 feet high at it's highest point. Them critters like to hide between that crack. Third one I have shot in that crack. It's a bother to get them out of there.
Not much going on, at this time of year. Turkeys daily, but have not seen a deer out front for a long time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Walnut Beast

That's pretty neat!! Are the Eels still in that creek 

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Walnut Beast on June 18, 2022, 07:43:13 PM
This toad is a big insect eating machine. He's been around for years and is everywhere in the shop

One American toad can eat 1,000 insects a day! 

Ianab

Quote from: Walnut Beast on June 19, 2022, 02:56:47 PM
That's pretty neat!! Are the Eels still in that creek
Yeah, they are pretty long lived, 50 or so years to get to that size. They do seem to move around a bit, but 2 or 3 will usually show up for food. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Texas Ranger

Quote from: thecfarm on June 19, 2022, 07:10:15 AM
 Them critters like to hide between that crack. Third one I have shot in that crack. It's a bother to get them out of there.

No one else has said it, so I will, crack shot, huh?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

KEC

A few years ago a big toad hung out at night by my garage. He was welcome here. Had to be careful so as not to step on him when I went outside after dark.

rusticretreater

We have a large grey fox that I have seen twice in two years.  This past winter there were three deer hanging around for several months. A flock of wild turkeys passed through around the same time.  Also checking out the place have been an opossum, a raccoon, the neighbors dogs, and an all white feral female cat. A thousand squirrels keep our cats entertained.

I don't know if you call them critters but we have a magnificent Pileated Woodpecker flying around among other birds and two days ago we encountered a 4-5ft long Eastern Ratsnake.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Walnut Beast

These little guys were born awhile back and now they are learning to fly. This gives you a idea of how fast they grow. First picture was June 12th

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SawyerTed

I see the usual critters you'd expect -deer, turkeys, bear, foxes, coyotes, hawks, eagles, gray squirrels.  We do have fox squirrels occasionally and I saw a mink in the creek a couple of years ago. 

I thought Godzilla was in the shed of my shop a couple of weeks ago.  Just turned out to be a tree frog in a 4' long section of 4" pipe.  It was amazing how amplified it was.  I have to admit I was briefly reviewing my life choices until I figured out what it was.   :D 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

dogone

Moose, wt deer, mule deer, antelope, fox , coyote , skunk,raccoon.Elk passed by but didn't see from house.

trapper

deer and turkeys.  coon raiding the cats food at night  expensive supper for them.  need to thin them out before the sweet corn is ready
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Texas Ranger

Doe, yearling and 'ole Briar Possum, every night.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!