iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine Game Camera

Started by Mooseherder, August 11, 2021, 10:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

I've added a few cheap cameras from wally world this summer.  Lots of moose, deer and bears.
One coyote. A couple of pics were from last year. 3 different bears.  A small bear showed up today.  A Moose visited the garden in July.  
MAINE GAME CAM - YouTube

Tacotodd

MH, many of them critters are intimidating due to their sheer size. Nice action shots, even if they are slow. Makes me dream about being in the woods again 👍😮‍💨

LOVE IT!
Trying harder everyday.

Ron Scott

Good photo capture location!
~Ron

SwampDonkey

Nice critters. I've always talked of putting one of them cameras up, but never have. Some day. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

There is a YouTube series called "The Log".
A guy in Pennsylvania has a camera capturing animals crossing a log over a creek.

The Log Movie - YouTube

I just set up over a Balsam Fir that fell across our creek.  Hope to be as productive as this guy.  I took all the branches off to make it easy for them to cross.  This was before removing the branches and the second log that had fallen to the left of it.  I'll call it critter log for now.

The critter log - YouTube

Southside

Very nice spot for sure.  Thought you were going to loose a camera to the that one young bull there for a moment.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Mooseherder

I dunno what scared him because the camera is quiet?  Maybe it made a noise for him.   He was a good one.  Lucky for him we don't hunt.

Southside

On some level that we can't detect it must make noise or flash or something because I have seen a few reactions on my own cameras that spooked critters.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

I know when those infrared lights come on it gets their attention. I have several videos of deer's noses and one squirrel that climbed up on top of the camera then looked down over the top into the lens.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Keep out of reach of bears, they like to chew plastic things. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

I came across this Cedar tree back scratch a bear has been using.

Mooseherder

Magicman

This could be interesting, I hope that it works.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

KEC

A  a stratigicly placed log across a good-sized stream will get a lot of traffic. When I used to fur trap I caught a lot of coon and foxes on logs.

Mooseherder

A momma Moose and young one are hanging around this area by the critter log.  The critter log camera got them about 8 times along with another camera 100 feet away got them several times also.

Mooseherder

A young doe came by.  I did update the camera with one that takes video.  Hopefully catch a critter crossing the log while I'm gone.

critter log camera update - YouTube

Mooseherder

We had a lot of rain yesterday.  Critter log survived.  :)

critter log flood - YouTube

Mooseherder

A few more pics and videos.  One of a coyote being spooked by the camera.  A massive momma moose and calf at the end.

Maine Game Cam 2 - YouTube

Mooseherder

This will be the last update until spring.  I swapped out the video cards and they're ready for hopefully a productive winter.

Maine Game Cam 3 - YouTube

Mooseherder

I retrieved the card tonight from the critter log camera.  It wasn't a bust but only got one critter on the log.  My placement wasn't great.  I think it was a Fisher Cat.
Looks like it got a River Otter.  Another otter or possibly it was a Fisher Cat.  A couple of deer. 3 Moose, a Lynx and a Squirrel.   The video shows each animal twice.
Critter Log 2022 - YouTube

Mooseherder

Another camera upstream a hundred feet.
Coyote or Wolf?

Stream Crossing - YouTube

Mooseherder

This big boy crossed in front of a Semi I was following.  Must be over 500 lbs.

Maine Black Bear - YouTube

SwampDonkey

Nice bear.

Wish I had a couple cameras up, the bears are always busy on the woodlot. They've been around the lean to already. Pawed at the fire pit and lifted a post off the pit firewall. Busy bunch. :D

Mooseherder

This one wasn't all that far from you SD.  North of Mars Hill right as you're getting to Presque Isle.  On the steep hill close to the townline. He was headed in a direction to Canada. :)

SwampDonkey

I'll probably end up putting a sheet or two of old barn steel on the lean to and wood shelter. Let them scratch that up. :D

That would be handy to Blue Hill and Beaconsfield, where grandfather harvested a few bears over the years.

Thank You Sponsors!