iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I get wild Hares and Hummers

Started by Jeff, September 04, 2022, 08:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

So don't let the video title deter you from watching! :D Ya, I'm da lucky guy here in da U.P.! I love to sit on my screen porch, or walk around my woods and enjoy what lives here in the Eastern U.P. this was just a couple clips from yesterday evening's natural presentations. I LOVE IT!!
Wild Hares and Hummers. Living With and Loving the Wildlife in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! - YouTube

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

So that's what a rabbit looks like!!
Use to be a lot around here. My Father use to hunt them. Then they disappeared. 
We have hummers here. 
Had one male that would stand guard. He would let the ladies eat but would drive away the males.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

btulloh

Darn!  From the title I thought you got a wild hair and bought a Humvee for gittin' around in winter. 
HM126

SwampDonkey

Have a feeder for them hummers here to. But they have left this region this week for southern territory. ;D Been none around since the one hot day we had the first of the week. Barn swallows left here last week.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I thought Stan and Sally my cranes had blown the coop, as they had been gone for 2 days, but they are out pulling Brassica sprouts today.  My Hummingbird numbers started dropping 2 days ago too. Instead of emptying both feeders every day, its almost 3 days this last fill.

terrifictimbersllc

Something empties ours every night if we leave it out.  Only an inch or so all day then poof it's gone. Need a camera. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

terrifictimbersllc

Dont know.  Raccoon or possum I'm guessing.  Looking into cams now. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

petefrom bearswamp

Watched hummers here last evening while in my hot tub.
Boss bird guards one feeder religiously I think he expends more energy chasing than he gets from the food.
No hare here,  but we have "hoppity hop" at my Adk camp.
Im sure it is several generations as the camp has been there since '87.
A few hummers there too
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

I went out and spooked stan and sally out of my foodplot yesterday. They pull up and  eat whole patches of seedlings.

petefrom bearswamp

Jeff, maybe a scarecrow of some kind?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

Or I could accidently spill some grain under my scarecrow whirly gig I made from a free yardsale ceiling fan. :)

Run Away Ceiling Fan!! - YouTube

Thank You Sponsors!