Xtreme Duty Cant Hook

Started by CTYank, July 09, 2013, 09:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTYank

Tammy,

Do you folks ever have special deals, say on returns, of "xtreme duty" 60" cant hooks? I'd use such for bucking big rounds and rolling them off trails.

'Bout time to pension off my waaay-heavy wooden-handled peavey. Ultimate quarter-staff.

No rush.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

Tam-i-am

CTYank

sometimes we get a scratch and dent tool or a tool that has a blemish and can't be sold to a dealer.  When we have them FF members and walk-ins are welcome to them for a discount.

Most people don't need an Xtreme duty tool, our standard series is very rugged.
We make them for veneer buyers, utility companies and the Amish who have no other way to move big logs that the rest of us would go get a piece of equipment to move.

If you really want one I can keep my eyes open for one.  We don't make very many so we get scratch and dents of these very seldom.  You could try Bailey's they carry them and sometimes discount them.  They are also a sponsor.
Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

CTYank

Just thought I'd ask. I'll just order one normally.

Seems strange to ship from to CT to CA, then to ship from there back to CT. Unless you drop-ship. Do tools come with frequent-flyer miles?

Yes, I do get into it rolling some big rounds free. Still cleaning up after Sandy.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Husqy 576XP-AT
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

Tam-i-am

We drop ship a lot of things for Bailey's, so if the tool was going to CT and nothing else was shipping with it then it would be a drop ship.

I wish the tools came with Frequent Flyer miles and if you order the Gedore cant hook that Bailey's offers you could earn a lot.  We make the tools for Gedore, they are a German Company.  So the tool leaves CT to go to Germany then ships from Germany to Bailey's in CA then to the customer.  Of course, you pay a huge premium for those flyer miles as the tool costs $399. 

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Dan_Shade

I think you'd have to hook a mule or a pickup to a regular one to tear it up.....

they are pretty tough.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DR Buck

Quote from: Dan_Shade on July 10, 2013, 10:54:41 PM
I think you'd have to hook a mule or a pickup to a regular one to tear it up.....

they are pretty tough.

Yea, but if I remember correctly, you have to hook a skidsteer to the mega-hook.   ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

CTYank

Lest anybody be holding their breath waiting, I got a 4' std blue cant hook. Came from Baileys', took NINE days on the road- some sort of behavioral problem with UPS, it seems. Passive aggressive? Sure couldn't have been the two 10" loops of NK 3/8" LP chain weighing it down.

There's now a 52" wood-handled peavey available, if anyone's interested. It'll stand up if you stick the point in the (unfrozen) ground. Will deliver locally. Low mileage, $50 takes it away.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Husqy 576XP-AT
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110