iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"UGLY TRUCK CONTEST"

Started by UNCLEBUCK, November 02, 2003, 10:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fuzzybear

It's not much but it is the "bushy truck".  1980 chevy 3/4.  The rears have been welded, hasn't been out of 4wd low in over 5 years. All the glass in gone.  Windshield was from vandles and the side windows I shot out trying to chase away a pair of ravens that were trying to make it their nest. :D  They shredded the seat for their nest and would sit on the steering wheel and keep watch out the windsheild.
   I have had wolves sleeping on the seat at -30. Two years ago I had a small (350lb) brown bear try and den for the winter in the cab. Thank god I had 2 big dogs with me when I opened the door. He didn't like me waking him. He might still be running ;D
   It's hauled at least 2000 cords in it's life. Speedo quit at around 800,000 km.
   It's not pretty but it is going to become famous.  Discovery Channel has been in town following the goofs from the series "Gold Rush Alaska", only they got run out of Alaska and crossed the border to the Yukon. Early this spring the crews were filming the 300 miles of nothing between Dawson and Whitehorse. I crossed the road with a load of stems when they turned around and asked If they could film me dragging trees out of the middle of nowhere. So I signed the papers and hopefully it makes it to the show. They even filmed my little shack in the bush. I think they actually were more glad for the coffee and conversation after 8 hours of driving and filming.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Randy88

I tried my best to take a picture of my truck but it was so ugly my camera just couldn't do it, once I finally got it done, the developer said it hurt his eyes and just couldn't develop the film, once I got it developed and tried to put it on this website the computer said, its soo ugly theres no way I'm putting it on here so I finally gave up sorry guys, its just not worth it anymore, somethings are just not meant to see I guess.

jim king

QuoteI think Jim Wins.

I am humbled .  It is always a pleasure to work with the latest technology  at hand and maintain fine equipment.    :-\ :-\

Magicman

Jim, I have heard of "Butt Ugly" but that is the first time that I have actually seen a picture of it.   :o

fuzzybear, I would love to see more pictures of your Yukon country.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

shinnlinger

Here is my Vintage entry...'52 GMC... sharp eyes may note the aftermarket fuel cell....

Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

clww

My votes are for jim king, 1st place and shinnlinger for 2nd!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

shinnlinger

Ill get some better pics so I can move in on Jim.....
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

clww

All jim needs is a crate full of chickens strapped to the roof and some monkeys on the hood.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

scsmith42

Looks like I'll need to break the camera out and send in a photo of "'ol Creampuff"...  She'll give Shinnlinger's rig a run for her money!  We retired her "aftermarket fuel cell", but she has other amenities that add to the thrill of driving her...
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

CX3

Well at first i thought i might add my old wood truck on here.  But its WAY too nice of a truck for a contest of this stature.  She has all the windows AND ONLY a small factory fuel tank :-[

Although now I am looking to upgrade to a more modern an safer fuel cell
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

scsmith42

Well, here's "Creampuff".   1964 Ford F600. 

We use her to haul off the slabs and sawdust from the sawmill.  That old 360 Ford engine starts right up, but she don't have much oil pressure once she warms up a bit!

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Bobus2003

She's the "Ugliest" Rig I have (And she's actually a pretty nice rig):

And on the days when i'm not solely in the woods, I take my 2010 Ford, She's far from ugly :D

Raider Bill

Not a logging truck but starts up every time we turn the key.

1951 International Harvester Metro Van 290 Black Diamond engine.

We [ My Son and I ] call her the Big Gray Truck, locals call it the Jeepers Creepers Van

[img]
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!