iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Birthday Brother Noble and Jeff!

Started by CHARLIE, July 21, 2011, 01:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Happy Birthday Noble and Charlie and thanks for the birthday wishes to me everyone. It was hot hot hot here for a Michigan Boy. I spent the day trying to make a pressure washer work and eventually had to borrow one to get the pigroaster all spic and span. Tammy took me out to eat this afternoon and then earlier this evening some people dropped by to make me look foolish and eat cake.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

Boss,

50 is the start of really old  :).  Better eat cake while you still can!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Cakes all gone.  I think the average age at my birthday tonight was quite low. It was mostly kids and they gobbled it up. I'm grateful. :)

Oh, and Icey did get cake and ice cream spoon fed to her from me of course.  :)

Wildflower

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

fuzzybear

I never met a tree I didn't like!!

SwampDonkey

Happy birthday to you older farts.  ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bill Gaiche

Happy birthdat Jeff. Oh does that 50 sign on the cake represent calories?,bg

Ron Scott

Happy Birthday All!

Jeff, Great looking "50th" cake.
~Ron

SwampDonkey

Reminds me of an old fellow with a couple dogs from years ago. The dogs usually got the first taste of anything. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Wildflower

Jeff's Birthday / Anniversary present Stacy, Jeremy, and I got him.

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

SwampDonkey

Jeff, you going to get that brushing bar for thinning? :D Better get more on than those shorts and sneakers chum. ;D If I knew you was going to go thinning, I'd come up and show you how it's done. :D ;)

beenthere

Why does he look so happy?   Nice gift. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

I was having a hard time holding it up. Rough day at PT. :)  I was caught quite off guard by the gift and the photo. I was asked to go outside and look in her trunk  Donk, from what I understand the ms 362 is a bit more than a thinning saw.  :)

First new saw I have ever owned. :)

SwampDonkey

Ohhh. So you wasn't going to put that attachment on it to go thinning after all. ;)

Warbird

That's a mighty fine saw, Jeff.  Congrats!  I absolutely love my ms-361 and am pretty sure you're going to really enjoy that 362.  ;)

Jeff

Funny, I managed to get my husquvarna started yesterday left handed, and ran it for about twenty minutes for the first time since surgery. I got most everything I needed cut up, cut up with it. Then I get this saw today.

beenthere

Yah, that's a "rough day at PT" look for sure.  ;D ;D

Hopefully the PT work is going ok for you, or as good as can be expected at this phase.

My SIL who is a PT recently had surgery on his shoulder and I gave him a needed ride to the PT for an early treatment. On the way home, he said he'd buy lunch so stopped at a tavern for a sandwich. One of his PT patients saw him there with the shoulder ice pack on, and got a good chuckle out of seeing the shoe on the other foot, so to speak. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

Nice saw!  :)
Tammy's license plate is cool too. :D

WDH

We can try out that new saw on a couple of trees in the backyard at the Pig Roast  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Actually, if it were not for oak wilt, I have some that need to come down. :)

SwampDonkey

That old Husky is just as tough and reliable. Mine sits for months and years and a few pulls and new gas and she's awake again. ;) Mine hasn't got 50 hours on it. 10 years old now. :D

thecfarm

Bring that critter up here. I'll even show you how to hit a rock with it and sharpen the chain and get it back to cutting like almost brand new. A nice present.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I've always had trouble sharpening a chainsaw, mostly because it's never been my normal tool. Give me a 56 inch circle saw and I shine. :)

tonto

excellent gift, glad to see you were given the right colors. Didn't you you know "PT" stands for Pure Torture. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

SwampDonkey

Been working that old Stihl brush saw in some field planted white spruce. Some places involves as much but pruning as snipping off, to open the lower crown to access other trees and so they'll fall. All in all, I did manage to cut 6.5 acres this week. Each tank burns for about an hour and a half because I don't rev my saw out like a screaming jet. Don't need to, got sharp blades. ;D Some spruce buts are 5-6", sucks through in less than a second.  Of course the larger buts require more rpm's, but briefly, and two cuts of course.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!