iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a little log sawed

Started by coalsmok, October 25, 2014, 09:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coalsmok

First weekend of the month we went after this tree.

Well the chainsaw broke before I got it cut into two 8' sections. So we sawed up some smaller stuff close by and got this small load.

Lots of 12" boards in this load and some spalted maple😄.
I had to bibby the butt log down to get it thru the guides. Lots of nice wide white ash boards in that one.  Finished up the top section today along with a pair of 11' basswood I cut into 1/2 paneling. 

Magicman

Looks like "late" caught you.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coalsmok

Yea had a bit of a late start and a rough morning.  Ended up going after the welder to fix the clutch and unhooking the power feed drive and pushing the sawhead to get anything done today.  Got to order a reversing contactor. ::)

Tree Dan

You did some great cutting there, what do you use the basswood for?
I have a old bass wood laying out in the back 40
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

coalsmok

Tree Dan I am going to use the basswood to panel a stairwell down to the basement of our new house. It may also end up in a few other places as a facing board.

drobertson

Another good save!  looks like some pretty country side there..
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!