iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An Energy Revolution

Started by Gary_C, May 07, 2013, 10:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishcountry

I understand what your saying .  I also do not think they need exemptions from anything including the clean water/air act.  I'm not even saying banning it entirely is the right thing to do either I suppose I think people feel that since they do not see any brakes being put on even with documented contamination that this is the only course of action that can be taken at the time ???    I think what bothers me more than anything is the twisting of things and the lies .  Energy independance when its going to asia , never contaminated , best regulations when its exempted from some of those , people are just hooking up faucets to propane tanks when they know its liberated methane .  I simply wonder the impacts of this process 30 years from now will we find these chemicals have migrated around underground into water supplies and if methane can come up due to this process whats stopping the chemicals from doing the same ?  This was a headline today and this is only 3 years old here in Michigan first permits were pulled to do this in Kalkaska .  side note I sat down with the DEQ and they tried to pitch this as old to Michigan until I asked "how long have we been using horizontal bores , hydraulic water pressure mixed with sand and chemicals to break SHALE in Michigan to extract natural gas ?"  The DEQ's answers "only a couple of years here"  "Thats right I replied what your trying to explain to me are vertical well stimulation using acids in Carbonate formations that we have been doing for 60 years !"  .... a nod from them and a uneasy look and end of conversation ....  I know other processes have been used in the past but I'm telling ya this is new here . Anyway here is todays headline and mind you they also got busted spraying this on the roads up north not long ago for dust control-------http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/Michigan-Cites-Company-for-Fracking-Related-Spill-218099981.html

Thank You Sponsors!