iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Member - New Saw

Started by Louisiana_Man21, June 12, 2017, 01:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louisiana_Man21

Hey guys,

Just like the topic says......I'm a new member and just purchased a new Wood Mizer LT10.  I have always had an interest in wood working as my dad always had us up early on the weekends to do some sort of project.  We decided it was time to make an investment in a mill.  I set it up last Thursday and have been at it ever since.  I think I'm addicted already.  I am currently working on some 3/4"x6"x12' boards for my "man-cave" in the house I am building.  I look forward to sharing photos and gaining knowledge from all of you.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Louisiana_Man21.  Now how about adding your location and sawmill to your Profile so that we will know & remember.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

50 Acre Jim

Welcome to the forum Louisiana_Man21.
Go to work?  Probably Knott.  Because I cant.

Louisiana_Man21

Magicman

Hey, I drove through Maurepas a couple of months ago driving home from Gonzales. 

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Louisiana_Man21

Yup.....Don't blink, or you'll miss it.

Savannahdan

Welcome, LM 21, you'll enjoy the FF.  Great bunch here and lots of information. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Louisiana_Man21.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Were you affected by the flooding?

slider

Welcome man 21, we like places where if you blink you missed it.
al glenn

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Slingshot

Another welcome from another LT-10 owner......
I sawed these oak slabs today with my LT-10, from 2 red oak logs.

fishfighter

Welcome aboard Louisiana man. I'm just up the road from you. We have 5-6 members here from Louisiana. ;D

Louisiana_Man21

Thanks for the welcome guys.  I personally was not affected by the flooding but some of my family members were.  My father in law had 4 feet in his house.  It's just a part of life out here.  Those are some nice slabs man.  I can't wait to get some more trees.  I plan to go to the Mighty Mississippi when it goes down to get some different species of trees and make lots of stuff. 

samandothers

Congratulations on new saw and welcome to the forum!

woodweasel

Welcome, you will find some neat stuff on here ;D ;D

scully

Welcome . Sweet mill ! I've seen guys do some increable stuff with an LT10 .
I bleed orange  .

opticsguy

Welcome to the forum!!
You mention 3/4" boards.  Now that you have a mill you are no longer "restricted" to sizes found at the box stores.  My personal experience with my mill has taken me to thinking way outside the box for my woodworking projects and almost never cut standard mill sizes.  Need to build a book shelf?  3/4" looks terrible in my mind and the shelves often sag, just a thought and an example. 
Hope you have nothing but fun with your mill!!!!
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

BigZ La

Welcome from around Donaldsonville and don't be looking at my logs  :D

dgdrls

Welcome to the FF Louisiana_Man21

That LT10 will saw as much as you can get on the bed, 
I started with one and really enjoyed it.

best
D

fishfighter

Quote from: BigZ La on June 16, 2017, 10:43:15 PM
Welcome from around Donaldsonville and don't be looking at my logs  :D

Y'all boys better stay south of Baton Rouge on the river. :D Got a couple cypress logs already lined up in my hood. 8)

123maxbars

Welcome to the best education on milling you can find!

Great mill!
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!