iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the weather 2020

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

True, bu man what a mess to clean up. It is (was) about 4'x3' and fell about 8' to the cement. Glad I had a cardboard barrel with a top to put it all in. Geez, always sumptin' . ;D Now i am off to see a man about a table saw.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

I might of got an inch of snow. Sure does look pretty out there with the wet snow that stuck on the trees. 30° and over cast, everything looks white.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Almost an inch here and still flurries between sun dogs. My kind of snows, only need the wide steel shovel to move. Today's exercise. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Okefenokee_D

Beautiful today. Burning some woods off.

thecfarm

Just came in from bringing some wood to the OWB. The weather app says 23° but feels like 11°. The wind is blowing. Don't think it's too far off on the 11 part. Wife could feel the cold coming off from me when I came inside.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

I am in the singles numbers, 8°. First time this season. ;D But no wind.  High noon 20's.

chevytaHOE5674

About 2" of snow last night with sustained 25mph winds, gusts to 45mph here at the home farm along the lake with a temp of 26°, 9 miles inland at the new farm the winds were the same but the temp was 18°. Wintery for sure.

SwampDonkey

It was 15F this morning and a few flurries and warmed up to 20F. Wind last night, but by daybreak it was all calm.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

A big 12° this morning. Maybe 2 more inches of snow due to show showers.

51cub

Got about 6in of snow here between the inch that took all day yesterday to accumulate and the rest overnight. About 23° now, going up to about 30. It's supposed to be mostly sunny this morning and getting cloudy again in the afternoon
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Had barely 1/2" of snow over night. Steel shovel work. ;D

Ljohnsaw

Down here in the valley, a bone chilling overnight lows around 40° with highs flirting with 60°. ;)  But up the hill on my cabin property down into the upper 20s overnight and low 30s during the day.  Getting an inch or so of snow every few days.  Weather guessers saying 6 to 8" from a storm Wednesday evening to Thursday mid-day.  So far, not the huge dump of snow like last year.  Might get back at the cabin by May instead of July.  That would be so nice...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

chevytaHOE5674

Sunny and 40mph winds this morning, lake effect snow has moved in and not a hint of sun anymore. Depending who you listen to they are calling for anywhere from 3 to 12" thru tomorrow.

thecfarm

28°,not much sun today. I might have 6 inches of snow on the ground.

SwampDonkey

It did reach 30F here in the afternoon. Snow melted some off the roof, made ice below. Sun most of the day, so windows warmed the house.

Okefenokee_D

In the mid to upper 60s today. Burnt more woods at work. Suppose to be in the 80s next week. WHEN DID WINTER BEGIN?!?

thecfarm

20° and a light snow is falling. Looks to be just about done. Only an inch.

Old Greenhorn

25° F this morning, no wind, mostly clear skies. Supposed to get some 25mph wind gusts this afternoon. Also have a snow squall warning up for the same period. This weekend they are calling for temps in the 50's and lots of rain. Loks like we can never quite get out of mud season. 
This morning would be a really nice time to uncover the mill and do that log I have sitting there, but I am starting my 3rd day of zero productivity due to this danged cold/bronchitis, which has me down hard. I am still home and sick and not moving much between coughing fits.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Stephen1

Snow flurries on and off all night, about 6" so far and more to come today. School buses all cancelled
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SwampDonkey

20F here this morning and an inch of snow about the arrive. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

6° this morning windchill is well below zero. Only a few inches of snow so far. Just another day in da UP.

Autocar

Been in the 20's here in the mornings but some days will make 40 by later afternoon. First time I can remember still getting wood from my one wood shed in January normal winters by the first of the new year I have to go to my second wood shed. 
Bill

SwampDonkey

Snow ended here before dark, but no inch to it. Going to drop cold next couple days here, down in 0F territory. Wind going to kick it up to.

SwampDonkey

16F and a little wind this morning. They said something about being 0F, so far we have avoided that kind of cold here. Might be different tomorrow morning. With wind I never have seen temps fall, you need calm and dry and clear to get the cold. I should be weatherman. I probably had as much meteorology in college as a lot of them. :D :D Well, when you talk about fire and the natural disturbances in the forest you need some kind of background. ;)

Old Greenhorn

15° F here this morning, only gonna have a high of about 20 today. Should be more clear than it has been. Going into work for the first time in 5 days and I could do without the extra cold. Still sick, but I know there is a mess at the shop. Supposed to be a warm weekend coming up, but a lot of rain. Oh well.....

Thank You Sponsors!