iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

'39 FarmAll Tractor

Started by RavioliKid, April 24, 2005, 10:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavioliKid

Hi, Tractor Lovers!

My beau's family is selling the old farm, and they have a '39 FarmAll Tractor which is in working order.

Does anyone have an idea about a market for this cherished member of the family? Or, a price to put on it? Or where to find a reasonable price for it?

It's located in Allegan County, if anyone on the board might have an interest.

RavioliKid

UNCLEBUCK

watch ebay for a few days and you will get a rough idea ok .
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Fraxinus

Many more details are needed.  What model is it?  Condition of tires?  Complete?  Original?  Got a picture?  Where is Allegan County? 
Price depends on lots of different things.  You might go to the Red Power Magazine website or Yesterday's Tractors website Farmall and IH board, and pose your question there.  Lots of people will be willing to give an opinion.  And they'll all need more details. 
Good luck.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Corley5

39 Farmalls are usually worth a bit more as 39 marked the start of the styled letter series and the end of the F series.  Pics and a serial # would be a big help in determining an approx. value.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

RavioliKid

Thanks, guys!

I'll let the family know of your collected wisdom.

:)
RavioliKid

Bro. Noble

Hey,  Rav,

Here you disappear for ages and then come back posting about your BEAU's tractor ???

We need a lot more information on stuff besides that tractor ;D --------like Hows school?  Taken any more interesting trips?,  and anything else you think we need to know ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Frank_Pender

Noble is right, Rav.  I miss the stories about some of your critters in the classroom.  How are the paint shirts holding up, that I sent many moons ago, as well as the seedlings you planted?  Miss ya around here. 

Good fortune you your family in disposing of the tractor.  If it were not so far I would say I would send a check and you folks could park it on a truck and send it West. ;D
Frank Pender

RavioliKid

I'm so glad that I'm thought of fondly!

Well, things are fine.

Last summer, I decided I'd put some concerted effort into finding male companionship a bit closer to my age than my students, ages 8-9, or my father, age 77. I found my guy on the internet - where do we do anything these days? We've been going out since Labor Day, and we've been having a great time! 8) ;D 8)

Our first trip was to Springfield, Illinois to see the Lincoln sites. Yes, we're both a bit nerdish in the history department. What a match! We went to Chicago for a few days of R + R over the Christmas break.

I just got back from a magnet school convention in Miami, and I went to North Carolina to visit some schools that are using a program we're going to employ next year. I also went to NYC in February to see The Gates in Central Park. But, for those trips my beau had to stay behind.  :-\

I am on the "alternate list" for a three week trip to China this summer, but I don't think that I am going to going. An awful lot of people applied, so I kind of figure that I won't make the cut off. Oh well, I've had more than my fair share of wonderful adventures.

The kids are just as crazy as ever. I am busy trying to get them back in shape after the weak student teacher that left last week. It'll be great once I get them settled down again. Gee, there's only 34 more school days left - but who's counting? :)

I'll try to stop by more often! Take care... :-*
RavioliKid

jtmccallum

John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

RavioliKid

RavioliKid

Thank You Sponsors!