iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need a sawmill owner in Western Missouri

Started by Rick W, December 18, 2010, 11:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick W

Hello, my apologies in advance if I have posted this in the wrong forum. My woodworking partner and I are in need of a sawyer with a portable mill to mill a number of walnut, maple and oak logs on our property. Woodmizer was kind enuff to provide us with a list of former customers but when we contacted them all were pretty much out of the milling business. We are anxious to begin the milling process as these logs are currently on the ground having been taken down and pushed to the side for us by the hiway department as they have done a widening project.

Feel free to email at woodmutt@comcast.com or post to the forum

Thanks in advance.

RynSmith

Hi Rick, click on 'forum extras' toward the top right of the page and then 'find a sawyer'.  I just selected Missouri and got 6 hits.  No idea if any of them are in western MO...  Might also try Kansas.

Larry

Welcome to the forum Rick.

Western Missouri covers a lot of ground.  Could you pin it down a little closer?

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bibbyman

Also....  If the above advice does not work out,  you could try calling Wood-Mizer and asking them for contact info on mills near you.  TimberKing and Baker probably have the same service.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

First, welcome to the Forestry Forum.  We have several sawyer/members in Eastern Ok also.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawwood

Rick we are outside of KC MO We are not portable but do have ways to move logs to the mill.
Where are you located?

Lester
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Rick W

Hello Lester:

We are down in Raymore and our current logs are on 150 Hiway. My partner is in the concrete business so we do have access to a boom truck, Bobcat and trailers. Interesting, just was up at Metro hardwoods buying some teak for a commission I have and Ed gave me your name and number. I have forwarded it to paul who will be giving you a call soon.

Thanks to all who responded!

Looking forward to being a contributing member of the forums!!

sawwood

Ok Rick, Welcome to the FF and you will enjoy this placw. Lots of great info on mill and wood
working. Talk to you soon.

Lester
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Thank You Sponsors!