iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not a bad deal.

Started by Ward Barnes, November 10, 2013, 04:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ward Barnes

Howdy Folks:

A 200 acre plot near my house is being clear cut so I stopped and asked about available firewood.  The dozer operator said to go see Mr. Landowner and he will give you a permit slip that releases him from liability.  Mr. Landowner stated that I could cut any oak or other wood that was not stacked as the stacked wood was being sent to the mill.  All other wood is available for the taking, personal use only, no selling.  I asked about our Pastor as he is in need of firewood this year.  Mr. Landowner said, "As long as you take it to him at no cost you and him can have all you want.  Most is on the ground and delimbed.  NICE GUY!  Our new MS362 sang a sweet song yesterday with me cutting and the wife loading.   8) 8) God Bless, Ward and Mary.
7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

jd2007

Never hurts to ask, good find!
Stihl 029S/039, MS280, MS250
Craftsman 4218

HotRail

Very cool, have fun and be safe

Bigredd

What chain and bar you running on that 362.  I have a 362 running 18 and 25" bar.  On 25" bar, I like skip tooth chain better for larger wood.

Ward Barnes

Bigredd:  When we purchased the 362 the dealer swapped the standard 20 inch bar and chain for a 25 inch 84 link.  I usually do not cut larger wood, however, the longer bar allows me to stand in a more upright position when cutting smaller logs on the ground.  I use the WoodlandPro full chisel with standard (not skip tooth) chain WPL 30RC84 sold through Bailey's. 

The longer bar is a bit front heavy for the saw, but, so far it is a real winner.  God Bless, Ward and Mary.
7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

Rob5073

Awesome!  And very generous of you both. 

Thank You Sponsors!