iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm the new guy today

Started by ToddC, April 21, 2004, 07:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToddC

I just wanted to say hello. I guess I have something more in common now since the paperwork is being drawn up for my mill. Thanks ARKANSAWYER for telling about the Timber Harvester. We have a small excavation business building roads ect. and it was more than I could take seeing all the good timber that we have to push into a burn pile, no one would come by and get it here in my location. This site has already helped me alot. I hope I don't wear out my welcome with all the question I will have. ;D

Percy

Hey Todd...
You gonna like it here. And congrats on getting a mill.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Frickman

Wear out your welcome by asking questions? If that were the case, nobody would be welcome here. Glad you are here ToddC, congratulations on the mill. As has been posted before, you are setting yourself up for an addiction to which there is no cure, making sawdust.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

chet

Welcome Todd. Yur more than welcome to try to wear us out with questions, if you succeed you would be the first.   ;)   :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Tom

Welcome to the forum ToddC.  We're anxious for questions.  It gets so boring here with nothing to talk about. :D :D

Timber Harvester is a good mill.  Be sure to take pictures.

pasbuild

Welcome Todd :)
Are you going to be able to make it to the piggy roast  ???
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

pappy

ToddC   "SINCE YOU DID ASKED"    :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

"I hope I don't wear out my welcome with all the question I will have."

ToddC
DanG---shoot---if'n yous honest---and you gots gestions--and suggestions-- and maybe a REAL GOOD bean reciepe fer some super sawmillin' fuel,-----like beans!!!!!!!!!!     :D  :D

I don't foesee no problem with you hangin' round--- :D

welcome dude-der

pappy

ya can't work without ze food   ;)

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

DanG

Welcome, Todd.  You can't possibly ask too many questions. If you ask the ones that you think are too stupid, I may even be able to answer some of them. :D  When I signed on tonight, there were 21 members, and 28 guests looking at the forum. I gotta figure that a good portion of the guests are novices, and won't read much past the first page. If they see a simple question with a quick and informative response, they're more likely to stick around for a while.  We are primarily here to learn, but we all love to teach, as well. If we don't have any questions to answer, we lapse into talking about food and other such trivialities. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Frickman

It didn't take you guys long to talk about food.

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

L. Wakefield

hey- food- the chives are booming right now. I want to chop a bunch and dehydrate them this year. They have those at work to put on pizza and like that, and I think it's a great idea. I always let them go to waste but this is a good plan.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

ARKANSAWYER

Welcome Todd!
  If you get the mill let me know and you can bring it out to the house and we will saw some logs on it.  I will help you all I can if you need it.  It is not that far over to Eureka Springs and my wife loves to go over there.   I get some business from over that way and would be glad to pass it on to you if you can handle it.
  Now what is this I hear about beans?   Have you ever cooked them in a pressure cooker?  The best beans ever and most quick to.  You can take dry pintos and in an hour have the best beans you ever wrapped your face around.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Frank_Pender

ToddC it does not take long before questions turn to answeres and then one's answeres turn to questions.   While in the background lumes the biggest of all, FOOD questions.
Remebers qustions teach us all, while the answeres create more questions.

Welcome a board the Forum.
Frank Pender

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum ToddC.  

What I want to know is what ARKANSAWYER could possibly say about Timber Harvester?  All he knows about them is what he learned from Trapper over on "the other" so-called forum.

I know he's been seen hanging around the Baker boy but now Timber Harvester? ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Frickman

Bibbyman,
Maybe Arky is some kind of double or triple agent like in the old spy movies. He's on the payroll of all the big sawmill outfits, they just haven't all figured it out yet.

pappy

ARKIE,
Dad always cooked them beans in a pressure cooker unless it was summer time and well, it was just so much easer in the winter with the grown frozen and all---

:P Bibby do you still guts orange blood  ???  ???  ???  
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

ARKANSAWYER

Trapper taught me well and schooled me on the finer asspects of sawing. :D :D :D   Bibby's son Trapper was going strong till he got married and down the waste chute it all went.  It were most likely due to a lack of good beans.
  Now just because my blood runs orange does not mean I ain't got some learning on other saws.  I mean how do you recon I came on to knowing a good saw when I see'd one.  After all I had sawn over a million bdft on a log chewing, tie spitting, slab chuncking, tooth throwing circle mill before I saw the light and gained the enlightenment of band mills.  My hands have been on the controls of circle mills, band mills, swing mills and some day maybe even a MD or a lazer splitter when they build one.
  Besides I need it out of my neck of the woods. :o
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Stan

Laser splitter? I thought that's what they made them little pieces of charcoal with.  :D :D :D
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

ToddC

Thanks guys for all the welcomes. Arkie I will probally take you up on the sawmilling lesson, if it will fit in on your schedule. I'm planning to pick it up smetime at the end of next week. If it won't fit in you and your family can come over here to ES and we can go eat beans at Bubba's BBQ or Sparkies. I'll buy. By the way do you know Joe Don Sharp or Braddy Madden from down your way.

DouginUtah

Welcome, Todd.

Do you happen to know that E.S. woodworker Doug Stowe?

If I ever get down to visit the Arkansawer, Doug is one guy I would like to visit also.

-Doug in Utah
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

etat

Hi ya Todd, and Welcome.  Bunch a good folks here, always glad to have somebody else kick in.  

Be sure and stick around for the drawing later on when Jeff gives away that hundred grand!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

EZ

Welcome aboard, Todd. TH good pick for a mill.
EZ

ARKANSAWYER

Todd you get the mill and I will make a hole for you here on the farm and we will break that little darling in.  I know of them boys but have not done business or fished with them.  Wife says we can come visit you as she likes it over there.  
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Welcome!! 8) 8) 8)  Another bandmill guy ::) ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!