iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Part Number Help

Started by KyLogger, July 13, 2012, 08:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyLogger

Anybody know the PN for steering cylinder repack kits on a 440B JD skidder? The local ag dealer said his computer only showed a left side steering cylinder smiley_furious3 despite my best efforts telling him I was staring at TWO cylinders as I was talking to him.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

Kemper

Tom, where are you located.

KyLogger

Morgan County. What part of our glorious commonwealth do you call home?

Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

beenthere

Ky
You can go to jdparts.com and look up the steering cylinders for the 440.

And looking there, they only do show parts for the left cylinder.
You may find out more by looking at what is available and what is no longer available (NA).

Could it be that the internal parts (rings and seals) are the same for both steering cylinders?
I suspect they are.

Doesn't list a kit, but does have part no's for the seals and O-rings.

If you can't get to that site, let me know. It is free registration.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kemper

Quote from: KyLogger on July 13, 2012, 08:33:56 PM
Morgan County. What part of our glorious commonwealth do you call home?

Tom

I'm in the western part of the state, Lake Barkley not to far from Paducah.

duckslayingpro

Your part number for the RH steering cylinder rebuild kit is AT38068
price is around $70. it shows still avalible hope this helps you.

KyLogger

Thanks alot! Far as I can tell the cylinders are identical, and I figured as much before, I was just aggravated that he assumed I was an idiot because his computer was in disputing me.

Thanks,
Tom

duckslayingpro

The two cylinders are very similar inside but not exact. the right hand cylinder is a two way cylinder left is only one way. the RH has a few more seals and rings in it.

Thank You Sponsors!