iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw with 2 Bars

Started by ShaneG, September 10, 2006, 03:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaneG

Hello Folks,  You probably already realize I am not a regular here nor am I a logger in any way.  The closest I come to logging is cutting firewood for an elderly family I go to church with.  However, I do lurk here quite often out of interest for the trade.  I've got a curiosty question that I think this bunch can help me with.  I went to the Pioneer Days Antique Tractor show  in Eagleville, TN yesterday.  Along with hundreds of old tractors they have old gas engines and various other equipment.  This one fella had an old chainsaw that had two bars with chains that were about three inches apart.  I asked him the purpose of such.  He said he had heard several theories but no one he knew of knew for sure.  Would any of you guys know the purpose of such a creature?

ShaneG

By the way, I make my living as a trim carpenter so I  very much appreciate loggers and their efforts.

beenthere

Welcome to the forum, ShaneG

The dual bar chainsaw seems appropriate for making lumber 3" thick in a single pass. But not familiar with it.  Any pix's or more details, such as brackets that position the bars with respect to each other, or to position them along a log?  A name?

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gilman

Topping and falling really short trees in one pass?
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

jack

heck,  you all know them razors with twin blades,  close shavein and all?
well someone had the same idea,  cut yer leg twice as fast?

jack
GRAB life by the Belly fat and give it a twist!!!!!

Went from 5 employees to one, sorry to see a couple of them go.  Simplify life... building a totally solar run home, windmill pumps my water, and logs keep me warm.

Thank You Sponsors!