iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Portage and Main Optimizer 250 Good,Bad, or just O.K.

Started by Local4Fitter, April 19, 2011, 01:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Local4Fitter

Hi Holmes, looks like we are neighbors. The Scotch marine style HX is very efficient. The dealer had to remove 8 of the turbulators to get the final exhaust temp up to around 300 f.  It was 250 f with all installed. The higher temps will prevent condensation in the stack.
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

Holmes

Hi Local4Fitter  Welcome to the FF  That is an incredibly low stack temp for a wood boiler. Looks like P&M did their R&D before they put their boilers on the market.   Yes looks like we are neighbors , but the map you have says you live in Hope Valley, Rhode Island.That's not to close to Royalston. ;)   Holmes
Think like a farmer.

Magnas

Local4Fitter - What did you end up selecting?  How is it?

Local4Fitter

Magnas, I decided to go with a E-2400. I'm on my second season with it and it's been a great boiler so far.
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

Magnas

I was denied an outdoor boiler permit by my town, I'm going indoors, most likely getting a Garn

Holmes

The denial might be the good thing.  Good luck with the Garn.  To me they appear to be the best wood boiler you can buy.
Think like a farmer.

Magnas

I'm pretty sure they are the most expensive!  I will be posting again very soon I hope to confirm that they are all around awesome!

huntingforows

Local4fitter what swayed your decision to the cb?  I am currently doing the reasearch you did a couple years back as I am contiplating a ows.

thecfarm

huntingforows,welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search of an OWB. When I was looking if I saw someone outside with thiers I would stop and talk to them. Was not all that many around when I was looking. I see quite a few now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

huntingforows

Thecfarm, funny you say that, I have stopped 2 times now and my wife will not get out of the truck.  I want all the benifits of a ows and am trying to avoid the headaches.  I have no issue spending the money if I am going to get the value.  Does anyone have experience with a snyergy boiler? 

r.man

Magnus, if you took an OWB and installed it in a building it might not need a permit.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magnas

Regrets, I've had a few.....hahaha, honestly I'm happy with my Garn choice, however it has not even arrived yet so maybe I should wait a bit before responding.  I hope to be able to  videotape and post somewhere my whole experience to help the next guy so I guess the truth will be out there.

Thank You Sponsors!