iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Running circulator 24/7/365

Started by Central Boiler 6048, March 31, 2015, 09:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Central Boiler 6048

Well I just Shut the 6048 down for the summer. Water temp is already down to 107 degrees, I wanted to ask a few questions since this is my first down season with the owb. I have a down flow furnace; my A coil sits on the bottem of my furnace basically on my subfloor, then my water to air heat exchanger above the A coil. the air blows through them and into the ductwork. Should I run my circulater through the summer. I'm worried about the A coil freezing the water in the water to air? It does blow through the heat exchanger first. My second question is if I shut the circulater of should I shut the valves of at the pump flanges or does it not matter? Thanks

Ford_man

If the air go through the heat exchanger before it go through The A coil you want to be sure the fan is blowing when the AC is cooling, You will have no problem. I started my ac 1 year and didn't have the fan turned on and it froze and busted in 5 different places. My A coil is above my heat exchanger in an up flow furnace. Cold air moves down.

beenthere

Ford_man
How did you get so many blank lines in your post?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ford_man

I DON'T KNOW AND i DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT ,
SORRY

pabst79

If the a coil is below you should be fine, but it doesn't cost very much to run the pump when the a/c is running if your worried about it, you don't have to shut the valves, but it is a good idea to exercise the valves a few times a year. I have seen many times that a ball valve that's been on for years, will break when its 20 below and you really need to change your pump!  smiley_smash
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

Thank You Sponsors!