iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber King TK721 Feller Buncher

Started by danetj862, January 16, 2024, 08:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danetj862

Hey guys,

I have recently purchased a 2005 Timber King TK721 feller buncher. It has the parker IQAN system, I am wondering if there is a way to add another digital display to show fuel pressure, Boost PSI, Intake Air Temp, engine load, Etc. ? The current display shows oil pressure, hyd. temp, coolant temp (display programmed in Metric, machine is from canada Originally.) I asked CAT to switch over display to Imperial but they did not. I was wondering if maybe an adapter from the Cat Data Link port to an OBDII plug would allow something like an Edge insight display to be plugged in & monitor these additional parameters not shown on IQAN system?

Also, does anyone have an owners manual for the 05 TK721? Serial #1020345 & up? Previous owner did not have one and maybe someone on here might have one?

Thank you,

Riwaka

Probably have a Cat C9 Tier ll 8.8 liter (243hp/ 263hp peak).

Caterpillar Equipment Monitoring

Mountaynman

Give Jason a call at milton cat forestry in brewer maine he will get you whatever you need
Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

kiko

You should be able to hook any monitor that uses J1939 protocol.   This issue is knowing the placement of all modules on the CANBUS. The CANBUS must be terminated at each end with resistors.  Sometimes this is done in the Module itself or it is terminated with an external resistor plug.  Do you know how many modules are in the machine and which IQAN Display Screen you have?  Some of the display screens are the main module like the MD3. Just went back and read better.  The Data port would be fine to attach into as it is somewhere in between the ends off the CAN. As far as which monitor will read all the data ??  The CAN wires coming into the data port will typically be green and yellow.

Thank You Sponsors!