iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sliver Removal

Started by Left Coast Chris, March 13, 2012, 01:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

I am way late seeing this but I am pretty sure the black ointment mentioned at the start of this thread is called Ichthammol. We used to use it to bring a boil to a head as it seems to draw out the infection. It has always been readily available when I asked for it at various pharmacies. Looks almost like tar going on. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Peter Drouin

What I use, Dig it out. With these, I can see it.
Led lights and all.

Have to hold your sliver 1" or so from your face, Then you can see also how dirty your hands are after washing them. :laugh: :laugh: ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Iwawoodwork

Here in sw Oregon when I was growing up we always had a can of that black salve that came in a red and black round can  and was bought from either the Watkins man or Raleigh man when they came around. It was used on all burns, cuts, abrasions, slivers, boils etc, it was applied to us kids, the dogs, cow or hog for any of the above injuries and I still use the bag balm salve I got from my mother when she passed in 1998.

rjwoelk

Watkins medicated ointment works. A lot like vicks vapour rub. 
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Pine Ridge

The black salve i've used is called prid, comes in a little orange can. Got some at walmart pharmacy a few years ago, it was behind the counter and had to ask for it, don't have a clue why it wasn't out on the shelf.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

jimparamedic

when l was 5 got a splinter from sliding down the steps. mom tried and my aunt a nurse then off to see old Dr Howe he told mom you got fresh milk and fresh bread make a wet paste apply at night cover and in the A.M. it was out the splinter was about 1 1/2"

Thank You Sponsors!