iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a new hp journey

Started by jmouton, May 26, 2014, 09:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmouton

so when we bought our lt-25   it had an 11 hp briggs,  we soon replaced it with a 13 hp honda,  which worked better ,   but it was still slow and underpowered  for  what we usually cut ,  oak  and mostly hardwood,   so  i found a 24 hp honda with 163 hours , mint condition  basically,  so it looks like it will fit within the space , maybe a little mod  but looks pretty straight foward so far,  gotta figure out the throttle and fuel tank  and to find time to  put it on when we dont have sawing jobs ,  dont want to give up any  jobs , i know it will only take a day  but stretched out over a week ,,,, so the journey begins ,    i wonder if i  am  forgeting anything ,,hmmm

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

StimW

Have you checked the crankshaft size?
A 13 hp has a 1" shaft.
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

hackberry jake

I swapped a 20 hp honda in for a 13 honda and the shaft was in the same place . The motor mount was the same and the shaft was the same size.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Thank You Sponsors!